HPE Virtual Connect
Reduce cost and complexity with blade server virtualization that simply connects networks and storage.
Wire-Once Connectivity Across Devices
HPE has created a combination hardware and software server edge virtualization solution called Virtual Connect. HPE Virtual Connect can reduce complexity, substantially lower hardware costs at the server edge, and trim costs associated with powering and cooling. HPE Virtual Connect is also designed to address bandwidth optimization demands, converge server edge connections and deliver up to 4x the connections per physical network link.
Reduction in complexity1
Reduction of hardware costs2
Reduction in power and cooling costs3
Virtual Connect Product Portfolio
HPE Virtual Connect interconnect modules connect servers and virtual machines to data and storage networks over Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI protocols.
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric Ethernet modules enable up to 20Gb bandwidth to each server and up to 40Gb speeds to the infrastructure. Connect easily to SAN storage with Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) support (single- and dual-hop). Consolidate multiple physical ports into virtual ports over a single 20Gb channel.
Fibre Channel Interconnects
HPE Virtual Connect Fibre Channel Modules support native 16Gb and 8Gb Fibre Channel connectivity. With NPIV and HPE Virtual Connect Fibre Channel technology, you can share a single physical Fibre Channel HBA port among multiple virtual ports, enabling higher availability with automatic failover to increase uptime.
Elevate the Performance of your HPE BladeSystem
Significantly reduce the cabling required to attach your servers to the network and simplify the way you connect servers to the SAN with HPE Virtual Connect solutions.
Reduce network sprawl with one device that converges all traffic inside HPE BladeSystem enclosures and directly connects to LANs and SANs.
- Simplify the server edge with 95% consolidation
- Reduce networking TCO with 65% less equipment
- Optimize hypervisor I/O requirements
- Seamlessly connect to industry standard networks
- Reduce latency by 55% and provision 2.5x faster
- Wire-once, then add, move, and change thousands of server connections in minutes
Simplify the process of connecting servers to Fibre Channel networks by reducing cables and streamlining SAN switch management domains.
- Remove storage network bottlenecks and optimize HPE BladeSystem performance
- Enhance server virtualization density with 2x bandwidth
- Reduce latency for big data operations
- Add, move or change servers in minutes when connecting with 16Gb FC SAN
- Increase blade server fibre channel (SAN) bandwidth from 8Gb to 16Gb
- Achieve lossless failover with NPIV trunking
Meet the HPE Virtual Connect Family
Find the right HPE Ethernet and HPE Fibre Channel Interconnect modules that can help you improve HPE BladeSystem workload performance.
Optimize Your Infrastructure
Find out from our experts which HPE Virtual Connect Ethernet Interconnect or Fibre Channel Modules can help you elevate your BladeSystem server performance.
Discover How HPE BladeSystem and HPE 20GbE Adapters Deliver More than Cisco
Learn More About Efficiently Managing Virtual Connect Environments
HPE OneView Concepts for HPE Virtual Connect and HPE BladeSystem Customers
Learn more about Virtual Connect v4.50 for BladeSystem
1. A traditional server blade configuration typically requires up to 40 configuration components. The VC FlexFabric solution needs only embedded dual-port FlexFabric adapters on servers (no mezzanine cards) and two VC FlexFabric modules, which explains the calculation of (40-2)/40=95 percent.
2. Based on the difference of traditional interconnect and adapter cost when compared to the VC Flex-10/10D solution. Compare cost of 6 Ethernet switches, 16 quad-port NICs, to 2 HP VC Flex-10/10D. ILP, May 2010.
3. Based on the difference of traditional interconnect and adapter power costs compared to VC Flex-10/10D solution. Compare cost of power for 6 Virtual Connect FlexFabric 6 Ethernet switches, 16x 1 Gb Dual-Port NIC LOMs, 16 quad-port NICs to 2 HP VC Flex-10/10D modules connected to 16 embedded Flex-10 adapters.