Unlock the value of your data with consumption-based infrastructure
HPE GreenLake with Nutanix Era for Databases
+ show more
If your organization is like most enterprises, your high-performance databases are supported by traditional infrastructure. This means that discrete compute, storage, and network resources within your data center are carrying different parts of the overall workload to support database operations. You might think that this is beneficial load balancing, but think again.
The reality is that siloed data center operations create major challenges for your IT team when managing databases. 50% of respondents list keeping IT infrastructure up to date as a top challenge due to operational complexity. 1 Managing segregated workloads results in burdensome manual processes that can expose your database to costly human error. In fact, almost one-third (30.8%) of the IT service and data center operators surveyed had experienced an IT service outage with significant impact in the past three years. 2
In addition to high maintenance costs, database sprawl and increased security risk, siloed operations on traditional infrastructure result in slow provisioning, inflexibility, poor quality insights, and expensive workarounds for disaster recovery. To make matters worse, your growing business is demanding faster performance, more agility and reduced costs. Traditional infrastructure simply can’t support all these operational demands at scale. You’ll need a new approach.
- Consumption-based database infrastructure from HPE and NutanixAlleviating many of these frustrations, HPE GreenLake with Nutanix Era for databases delivers simplified database operations on-premises, billed monthly based on metered consumption, and with peace of mind from a built-in capacity buffer that is available on demand.
- HPE GreenLake with Nutanix makes database infrastructure management easy
Whether your primary goal is to modernize your database operations, consolidate your databases to prevent sprawl, offer private cloud-based DBaaS, accelerate internal development cycles, or improve critical application performance, the Nutanix solution for databases makes deployment and management as easy as a single click.
Based on your choice of HPE reference technology, consolidate your segregated workloads into a single, simplified management platform that lets you provision, clone, patch, refresh, and back up your database in just a few minutes with one click.
- Easy provisioning: Rapidly deploy standalone, HA and DR enabled data bases across multiple Nutanix clusters and locations in minutes instead of hours or days.
- Seamless cloning: Copy and refresh databases with point-in-time snapshots to multiple clusters for separate production and non-production environments while saving storage space.
- Simple backup and in-place restores: Backup and restore databases in minutes with near zero data loss for SQL Server, Oracle®, & PostgreSQL.
- Database lifecycle management: Easily apply patches across entire fleet of database engines (Oracle, SQL Server, & PostreSQL) allowing for increased uptime and database productivity.
- Benefits of HPE GreenLake with Nutanix Era for Databases
Outcome-based IT consumption
It delivers a range of benefits that you can’t get from solutions solely built from scratch or consumed from the public cloud.
It provides flexible, pay-per-use model that offers simplicity and financial clarity.
It offers proper control over data compliance, performance, and security.
Managed for you
HPE supports and can operate the solution for you to free up resources and add business value.
SQL Server is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. All third-party marks are property of their respective owners.
- 1 The 2020 State of IT: The Annual Report on IT Budgets and Tech Trends, Spiceworks, Inc.
- 2 Uptime Institute, Annual Outage Analysis 2021, April, 2021