HPE Right Mix Advisor
Reduce to weeks from months the identification of your starting point for application migration
+ show more
You have more choices now than ever to host your applications in a hybrid cloud environment. And to determine the right mix of hybrid cloud destination choices for all your applications that best suit your business is complex and lengthy.
With HPE Right Mix Advisor and its insights, we reduce to weeks from months the identification of your starting point for application migration, accelerating your time‑to‑value.
- Determining your right mix of hybrid cloud
You’ve identified the need to move to a hybrid cloud platform. The core question is “what does that look like?” HPE Right Mix Advisor helps you with that strategic question by considering the needs of your application estate. Ultimately, in order to adopt a more robust hybrid cloud platform you need to identify and plan to migrate applications to their quantified, optimal host location.
- Planning for application migration
Your organization has undoubtedly recognized that moving applications to new hybrid cloud destinations are extremely complex. What determines that an application should be hosted on any given hybrid cloud platform? If your investigations aren’t going well, it’s difficult to make informed choices about where to host. It’s also important to have a comprehensive plan to migrate successfully, with a low-risk and cost-efficient approach. To plan successfully, you need to understand:
- The applications that should be the first‑movers based on ease‑and‑impact analysis
- The best destination (public cloud, private cloud, or on‑premises) for your applications on a data‑driven analysis
- The most appropriate migration approach for targeted applications taking business, technology, and operational factors into account
- How an actionable road map is required for continued successful application migration
Aligning the migration to your business objectives and the realities of your current-state deployment is vital. HPE Right Mix Advisor is an objective, data-driven analysis that prepares you for successful application migration to the right mix of hybrid cloud.
This service utilizing tools to discover and assess your application portfolio in order to create and populate a Master Data Repository (MDR) required to manage the unique data requirements of application migration. Using this data, HPE Right Mix Advisor recommends the hybrid cloud destination and migration approach for each of the targeted applications. The service delivers a high-level migration road map and recommendations for first-mover applications.
The service answers the following questions:
- What is the right mix of hybrid cloud platforms for your applications?
- How cloud‑ready are the applications?
- Which applications should be the first‑movers?
- Which applications need to be refactored before moving to the cloud?
- What is the fastest path to migration planning?
- What level of confidence do I have in the analysis?
- What are my application dependencies?
Beyond determining application migration requirements and planning, the service also provides application dispositions (rehost, replatform, refactor, replace, retire, and retain [the six Rs]) and recommendations on the appropriate actions.
- Value proposition
HPE Right Mix Advisor provides:
- Simplicity: It is lightweight and efficient. It does not require a lot of client staff IT time and gets results in weeks not months.
- Understanding: The service uses a data‑driven approach to develop an actionable plan for the migration of targeted first‑mover applications, providing quick wins that achieve the business case.
- Confidence: A trusted recommendation based on automated data discovery, industry‑leading expert system IP, proven experience gained through thousands of client‑application migration engagements.
- Methodology: A scalable, repeatable plan and execution approach to address a client’s entire application portfolio.
HPE Right Mix Advisor provides:
- MDR to drive further insights and subsequent migrations
- High‑level migration road map for all discovered applications
- Targeted application list:
Guidance on destination suitability across platforms (public cloud, private cloud, or on‑premises)
Identification of migration approaches for all applications—rehost, replatform, refactor, replace, retire, and retain (the six Rs)
Recommendations for first‑mover applications