HPE and ABB
The Secure Edge Data Center
+ show more
Working together. Accelerating results.
A new style of partnering
Hewlett Packard Enterprise and ABB are collaborating in a fresh new way to bring increased value at the edge to customers.
Together, we are bringing a new edge IT capability through the Secure Edge Data Center (SEDC), allowing standard IT to be operated in non-IT locations, including industrial environments:
- Secure: IP55 rated
- Scalable: 5 kW to 10 kW to 20 kW with redundant and continuous power and cooling options for single- and dual-rack configurations
- Smart: Factory integrated for quick installation
- Economical: Based on standard components
Secure Edge Data Center
The SEDC is an all-in-one industrial data center solution, customized for industrial IoT and digitization rollout in harsh environments.
Developed by ABB, HPE, and Rittal, it simplifies the deployment of IT solutions at the edge:
- Get started quickly—it is preengineered and delivered as a factory-integrated and -tested solution, equipped with preconfigured HPE software-defined infrastructure and with a comprehensive installation services package for a hassle-free turnkey deployment. Once delivered on-site, it can be up and running in less than one week.
- Secure digital processes—the SEDC is IP55 rated, protecting against humidity, dust, and dirt, thus avoiding the need for classical brick and mortar data rooms, and allowing for ultra-fast data center-grade IT deployments at the edge. Packed with integrated redundant cooling and fire suppression from Rittal, and redundant power supply and UPS from ABB, it allows for a proper shutdown or workload move without opening the doors in case of an incident.
- Easily scalable—the SEDC expands in steps of 5, 10, and 20 kW to match IT workloads with business growth and very reasonable footprint requirements: 800–1100 x 1200 x 2250 mm, providing up to 41U of usable IT payload. The SEDC features a 47U version of the standard HPE Enterprise G2 Shock Rack to allow the IP55 rating.
- Digitize industrial environments cost-efficiently—this is done by providing enterprise data center functionality on the footprint of a standard IT rack based on Rittal’s IT enclosure and rack expertise.
- Avoid downtime and on-site support—it provides remote monitoring and management across all locations.
The SEDC allows customers to deploy standard IT solutions anywhere and literally any workloads—SAP HANA®, Azure Stack, and others—to their preferred on-premises location on HPE infrastructure in the SEDC.
This is especially relevant for the HPE hyperconverged and composable ecosystem:
HPE SimpliVity is a fast, simple, and efficient hyperconverged platform combining IT infrastructure and advanced data services into a single, integrated all-flash solution at a fraction of the cost of traditional offerings.
HPE Composable Infrastructure brings a public cloud-like experience to your business with fluid pools of compute, storage, and fabric resources within a single infrastructure.
HPE Synergy can support traditional and cloud-native applications in virtual machines, containers, or on bare metal. It combines software-defined intelligence with a unified API that incorporates powerful tools from the HPE partner ecosystem.
HPE ProLiant DL server is the world’s best-selling server. 1
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud platform-as-a-service company that helps organizations accelerate outcomes by unlocking value from all of their data, everywhere. Built on decades of reimagining the future and innovating to advance the way people live and work, HPE delivers unique, open, and intelligent technology solutions, with a consistent experience across all clouds and edges, to help customers develop new business models, engage in new ways, and increase operational performance.
With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is a pioneering technology leader with comprehensive offerings for digital industries, supported by its common ABB Ability™ platform.
ABB is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and is a leader in digitally connected and enabled industrial equipment and systems. ABB delivers integrated, smart solutions to customers in utilities, transport, and infrastructure in over 100 countries.
ABB is at the forefront to write the future how we power, produce, work, live and move.
ABB Ability™ solutions can run on HPE hybrid cloud solutions and can naturally be hosted at the edge in the SEDC.
For more information around Secure Edge Data Center, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also visit Data Center Solutions page for more information.
Azure is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. SAP HANA is a trademark or registered trademark of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. All third-party marks are property of their respective owners.
- 1 With one HPE ProLiant server shipping every 14.6 seconds and more than 39.3 million sold, HPE ProLiant servers are the undisputed market share leader. CQ3’16 IDC Server Tracker.