HPE Right Mix Advisor
Data-driven analysis for successful hybrid cloud migrations
+ show more
HPE Right Mix Advisor
As companies become more comfortable with the benefits of a hybrid cloud environment, they are gaining valuable insight into not only the potential opportunities and benefits of migrating applications to hybrid cloud but also the practical challenges.
Challenge of moving to the Hybrid cloud
Hybrid cloud application migration is a complex and lengthy process that requires clients to determine the right mix of cloud destinations for their business applications. Possible available migration choices can be confusing. Over the years, architectures have evolved from mainframe, to desktop, to client server, to web-based, and on to distributed services/microservices.
Successful migration depends on understanding the following issues:
- Deciding on the most practical road map for a successful migration
- Determining the best endpoint (public cloud, private cloud, on-prem) for applications
- Discovering the most appropriate migration pattern for each application
- Choosing the applications that should be first movers
HPE Right Mix Advisor (RMA) is an objective, data-driven service that prepares a client for a successful hybrid cloud migration. It is vital that chosen migration methods align with your business objectives and the realities of the current-state of application deployment.
Solution for getting started
This service helps determine the cloud endpoint and migration strategy for each of your targeted applications. HPE RMA accelerates application migration for you through automation and a data-driven approach that uses a combination of industry-standard tools and our own IP.
The service provides a high-level road map with an actionable plan to address the following questions:
- How can I be confident that I am making the best decision for my business?
- How will I manage and maintain migration information?
- What is the most appropriate migration approach?
- Which applications should be the first movers?
- What is the best destination?
- Can I use the same approach for subsequent migrations?
HPE RMA evaluates your portfolio to make application-specific, target endpoint decisions for public cloud, private cloud, and on-prem destinations. The service provides migration pattern recommendations for rehost, re-platform, refactor, replace, retire, and retain (the 6Rs) and determines which applications are moved first.
Figure 1 provides a high-level view of the service offering.
This service can benefit you by providing the following:
- Simplicity: It is lightweight and efficient, and does not require a lot of client staff IT time and gets results in weeks not months.
- Understanding: The service uses a data‑driven approach to develop an actionable plan for the migration of targeted first-mover applications, providing quick wins that achieve the business case.
- Confidence: It provides a trusted recommendation based on automated data discovery, industry-leading expert system IP, and proven experience gained through many client application migration engagements.
- Methodology: It offers a scalable, repeatable plan and execution approach to address a client’s entire application portfolio.
HPE RMA Benefits
HPE RMA provides the client with the following benefits:
- Guidance on endpoint suitability across platforms (public cloud, private cloud, on‑prem)
- Identification of migration strategy for applications—the 6Rs: Rehost, Re‑Platform, Refactor, Retain, Replace, and Retire
- High-level road map for application migration
- Identification of application first movers
Why HPE Pointnext Services?
HPE Pointnext Services, through our subsidiary, has for years successfully implemented cloud solutions. The experience has given us the following skills:
- As a partner, we have mastered methodology and expertise to address the entire lifecycle of the hybrid cloud transformation journey.
- We can accelerate application migration for you through automation and a data-driven approach that uses a combination of industry-standard tools and our own IP.
- The service uses a data-driven approach to develop an actionable plan for the migration of targeted first-mover applications, providing quick wins that achieve the business case.