Modernize data protection edge to cloud
HPE StoreOnce next-generation platform
+ show more
Transforming the simplicity, performance, and agility of your hybrid cloud data protection
Data is your most valuable currency
We’re living in an era of digital transformation, where the accessibility of emerging digital technologies enable you to reimagine your business in new ways—creating new experiences, new products and services, and new efficiencies.
Data is the engine of your digital transformation and is your most valuable currency.
Your organization depends on data to be instantly available and secure—wherever and whenever you need it. And in an always-on world, the financial and business impact of unplanned downtime and data loss can prove catastrophic.
Data protection is increasingly challenging
As the value and business-criticality of data increases, the challenges of protecting data are tougher than ever.
Exploding data growth and copy data sprawl, demanding service-level requirements, and an evolving threat and compliance landscape are putting pressure on costs and intensifying risk. What’s more, as you transform to hybrid cloud, protecting applications across your data center and the cloud can prove increasingly complex.
It’s time for a more intelligent approach.
Next-generation HPE StoreOnceThe new, next-generation HPE StoreOnce system provides a built-for-cloud data protection platform that can scale from small remote offices to the largest enterprises and service providers.
Next-generation HPE StoreOnce can help you reduce cost, risk, and complexity with flash-speed protection in your data center, as well as deliver low-cost archive and disaster recovery in the cloud.
- Help optimize cloud investment: HPE StoreOnce with HPE Cloud Bank Storage delivers simple, efficient, and reliable backup to the cloud. It lets you seamlessly cloud-enable your storage, backup, and enterprise apps, as well as natively integrate your choice of cloud service provider without the need for a separate gateway or virtual appliance. You can reduce the time, cost, and network bandwidth for your cloud storage by 20x 1 with highly efficient deduplicated data transfer as well as store encrypted, self-describing backup data for simple cloud disaster recovery.
- Take control of data growth: A scalable portfolio of physical and software-defined HPE StoreOnce Systems provides you with a wide range of pay-as-you-grow capacity points and up to 66 PB 2 in a single system. HPE StoreOnce makes every gigabyte of your storage go further with intelligent deduplication that reduces your backup costs and footprint by 95% 3 on-premises and in the cloud.
- Deliver on service-level agreements (SLAs): HPE StoreOnce helps you break the backup window with up to 105 TB/hour. 4 Direct backup from your HPE Primera or HPE Nimble Storage array to HPE StoreOnce with HPE Recovery Manager Central (RMC) delivers 23x faster backup and 15x faster recovery for your enterprise apps. 5 This backup comes with less cost and complexity, as well as having minimal impact on your production environment.
- Get comprehensive protection against ransomware: HPE StoreOnce gives you the confidence that your data is recoverable with a data protection platform that is reliable by design. Mitigate threats with 3-2-1-1 data protection best practice, encrypted backups, data integrity checks, role-based access control, fast restores, and high availability storage of last resort. Make backups invisible to ransomware attacks with the highly reliable HPE Catalyst protocol.
- Reduce complexity: HPE StoreOnce takes the time and stress out of data protection, reducing management time by 95% with multisystem and multisite visibility and management—from a single pane of glass. It empowers your application owners with self-service protection, enabling them to easily and efficiently control end-to-end protection for their applications—from the data center to the cloud—using familiar native user interfaces.
- Experience agile software-defined protection for virtual and cloud environments:
HPE StoreOnce VSA extends the deployment options for HPE StoreOnce with the agility and flexibility of a virtual appliance, removing the need to install dedicated data protection hardware. All the features of the purpose-built HPE StoreOnce systems are available in a software-defined backup target of up to 500 TB usable capacity, which can be configured in 1 TB increments. An HPE StoreOnce VSA license server simplifies license management for large or dynamic VSA deployments.
- Gain consumption-based backup on-premises: Pay-per-use consumption models and Cloud Flex Capacity planning strategies with HPE GreenLake are now enhanced with next-generation HPE StoreOnce. Benefit from the advantages of the on-premises cloud with a usage-based billing model that aligns and grows with your business needs. Experience trouble-free data protection with a complete backup solution that is designed, operated, and implemented by HPE Pointnext Services.
- Protect your edge sites with HPE SimpliVity integration: Additional protection for your HPE SimpliVity deployments at distributed edge sites with automated, application-aware policies to seamlessly replicate apps and data directly to a centralized HPE StoreOnce appliance for compliance and long-term retention.
- Protect your data without replacing your existing backup workflows: HPE StoreOnce delivers investment protection and helps eliminate lock-in with a choice of physical or software-defined deployment, flexible-as-a-service consumption, and provides broad and deep integration across a rich ecosystem of market-leading ISV partners.
The next-generation HPE StoreOnce platform delivers end-to-end protection in your journey—natively linking your primary, secondary, and private/public cloud storage.
This lets you easily and efficiently leverage the economics and agility of the cloud for archive or disaster recovery, while continuing to use your on-premises infrastructure for fast and reliable operational recovery.
- 1 Assuming 20:1 deduplication of protected data on local and cloud storage
- 2 Based on internal testing of the HPE StoreOnce System, July 2021
- 3 Based on HPE testing comparison between HPE RMC and traditional backup environments
- 4 The 3-2-1-1 data protection best practice prescribes that you have three copies of your data, on two different media types, with one copy kept off-site and 1 copy offline
- 5 Based on management of federation of 20 next-generation HPE StoreOnce appliances compared to management of 20 HPE StoreOnce Gen3 appliances independently (on cloud or on-premises)