Your projects can involve many aspects. Storage is just one of them. Let us help you get your storage operational, so you and your team can focus on the bigger picture. We can walk you through our process and help you avoid the issues that can delay the project and distract you from your main goal — getting your project done. HPE Tier 1 Storage Array Upgrade Service is intended to help minimize downtime and any potential downtime that may be caused by improper upgrades.
HPE Tier 1 Array Upgrade Service is part of our standardized installation offering that focuses on services that are designed to properly upgrade your HPE Alletra 6000 or HPE Nimble Storage array for additional application or data workload. For in family array upgrades, the service includes upgrading components on a single existing array, including adding or upgrading eligible cache, NICs, and controllers to adding capacity with expansion shelves. Our cross-family upgrade service allows you to easily migrate from your existing HPE Alletra 6000 or HPE Nimble Storage array to the next generation of storage without time-consuming data migration. These services are fixed-price allowing you to easily fit them into your IT budget.
HPE Tier 1 Storage Array Upgrade Service configures your array to be ready for additional workloads, aims to help you minimize the time required to upgrade your HPE Alletra 6000 or HPE Nimble Storage array, and prepares it for additional workload. Let our trained professionals guide you through the process, so your team can focus on improving their productivity.
Service feature highlights
HPE Tier 1 Storage Array Upgrade Service is intended to guide Customer from start to finish and helps make the installation a success. Our engagement includes the following phases:
- The upgrade will begin with HPE authorized installation specialist reviewing the upgrade requirements and planning the key steps using our pre-deployment checklist.
- HPE authorized installation specialist will install the in-scope component upgrades as defined on the preinstallation workbook and as detailed in the following service features table.
- Validation and health check
- The installation specialist will conduct a set of HPE standard installation and verification tests (IVTs) based upon the upgrades that are being performed.
- Customer orientation
- After the physical array upgrade work has been completed, HPE authorized installation specialist will conduct a high-level review of the system and its operation.
Table 1. Service features
HPE authorized installation specialist will remotely review the following and any upgrade prerequisites required to be eligible for this service:
In-family upgrades: Hewlett Packard Enterprise will work with you to perform the component upgrade activities for each respective upgrade kit purchased as applicable:
Expansion shelf upgrade
NIC or Fibre Channel upgrade
Cross-family offline upgrades: HPE will work with you to perform the hardware upgrade and disk migration from your existing array to the new family array chassis. Including:
Cross-family online upgrades: HPE will work with you to perform the hardware upgrade and disk migration from your existing array to the new family array chassis. Including:
HPE authorized installation specialist will conduct HPE standard testing procedures as noted:
On the same day as the upgrade services are performed, HPE authorized installation specialist will conduct a high-level review not to exceed one hour to show the functionality of the upgraded components and their operation.
Customers must meet the prerequisites required for this service, including but not limited to the following:
- A suitable physical operating environment must be provided, including implementing any environmental recommendations that HPE makes.
For in-family upgrades, this service is limited to installing add-on components into a single HPE Alletra 6000 or HPE Nimble Storage array when those components are all installed at the same time.
HPE’s ability to deliver this service is dependent upon the Customer’s full and timely cooperation with HPE, as well as the accuracy and completeness of any information and data the Customer provides to HPE.
An upgrade of the HPE Alletra OS or HPE NimbleOS upgrade may be required as part of (or before) the upgrade process as required for the components being upgraded.
Activities such as, but not limited to, the following are excluded from this service:
- Any service that is not clearly specified in this document.
- Application integration or integration of third-party products or peripherals not included with the system.
- Backup, recovery, and support of the operating system, other software, and data.
- Installation and configuration of any third-party storage hardware, servers, switches, routers, network gateways, and so on.
- Laying of any cable beyond the required internal array interconnect cables.
- Installation, configuration, or provisioning of any external SANs the Customer is using for data storage.
- Analysis and/or reconfiguration of the existing environment to improve performance or robustness.
- Operational testing of applications or additional tests requested or required by the Customer.
- Planning, designing, or implementing the Customer’s overall SAN or fabric architecture.
- Implementation of hardware and software products other than those specified in this document, including the Customer’s server, application, database, storage, SAN, and network; the Customer’s host, servers, applications, databases, storage, SAN, and network components used with HPE Alletra 6000 or HPE Nimble Storage array.
- Services that, in the opinion of HPE, are required due to unauthorized attempts by third-party personnel to install, repair, maintain, or modify hardware, firmware, or software.
- Activities are delivered during HPE local standard business hours unless additional services have been purchased or special arrangements have been made.
- Services will be performed at the Customer location identified in the pre-deployment checklist between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time Monday through Friday, excluding HPE holidays (standard workday). Weekend and holiday hours or hours outside the standard workday may be available at an additional charge, and are subject to the change order process.
- Any deliverable documentation created for this engagement will be available in electronic format, in Adobe PDF format and/or using the Microsoft Office suite.
The Customer will:
- Contact an HPE authorized installation specialist to schedule and provide for the service delivery within 90 days of purchase
- Purchase or provide all hardware, software, licenses, staff, current maintenance contracts, and environments necessary for HPE to provide these services
- Ensure that all service prerequisites have been met
- Allow HPE authorized installation specialist full and unrestricted access to all locations where the service is to be performed
- Be responsible for all data backup and restore operations
- For the “In-Family” and “Cross-Family Offline” upgrade services, it is the Customer’s responsibility to deactivate (before) and reactivate (after) the configuration for synchronous replication on the existing array (if applicable)
- Assign a designated person from the Customer’s staff who, on behalf of the Customer, will grant all approvals; provide information; ensure that all hardware, firmware, and software that the HPE authorized installation specialist will need to deliver this service are available and that software products are properly licensed; and otherwise, be available to assist in facilitating the service delivery
- Upgrade the HPE NimbleOS version as determined in the pre-upgrade workbook before the HPE authorized installer arrives on-site
General provisions / other exclusions
Customer acknowledges and agrees that HPE may use resources outside the country of purchase for delivery of these services unless otherwise specified as part of a service feature description.
HPE reserves the right to reprice this service if the Customer does not schedule and provide for subsequent delivery within 90 days of purchase.
Services will be provided on a single array at one Customer location.
HPE reserves the right to charge, on a time-and-materials basis, for any additional work over and above the service package pricing that may result from work required to address service prerequisites or other requirements the Customer does not meet.
Defective hardware, as identified during the installation, will be replaced or repaired under the original vendor warranty terms for products that HPE supplies and supports. Such hardware replacement or repair will not be covered under the terms of this service.
Portions of the service may be delivered remotely or on-site at HPE’s discretion.
The service is delivered as a single continuous event. Environments that require multiple engagements over a longer period of time are not eligible for this service, but appropriate services for such environments are available at additional cost.
To find out whether a specific location is eligible for this service, check with a local HPE authorized representative.
Travel charges may apply in some geographic locations. Contact a local HPE representative for details.
To the extent HPE process personal data on the Customer’s behalf in the course of providing services, the HPE Data Privacy and Security Agreement Schedule — HPE Support and Professional Services found at hpe.com/us/en/legal/customer-privacy.html shall apply.
To obtain further information and to order this service, contact a local HPE sales representative or authorized partner and reference the following service product numbers:
- In-family upgrade: HA124A1#5MS — HPE Tier 1 Storage Array Upg Startup SVC
- Cross-family Offline upgrade: HA124A1#V0R — HPE Tier 1 Storage XFam Offline Upg SVC
- Cross-family Online Upgrade: HA124A1#V0X — HPE Tier 1 Storage XFam Online Upg SVC
© Copyright 2023 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Hewlett Packard Enterprise shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This data sheet is governed by the Hewlett Packard Enterprise current standard sales terms, which include the supplemental data sheet, or, if applicable, the Customer’s purchase agreement with Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Microsoft is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All third-party marks are property of their respective owners.
a00029507enw, Rev. 7