What and Why D&I Matters
Top 5 Reasons Why D&I Matters
Is Important to our Partners
Improves the Communities We Work and Live In
Attracts and Retains the Best Employees
History of Diversity and Inclusion
Global Inclusion (2011-Forward)
Delivering global skills aligned with HPE values and business strategy to maximize org capability.
- HPE is No. 4 in the 2012 Diversity, Inc. Top 10 Companies for Supplier Diversity.
- 2012 Transgender Health Care and Tax Equity Benefits in the U.S
- Ascend: HPE Sponsorship Program is launched.
- HPE becomes a Platform Partner with Lean In
- Introduced Cultural Competence Training/Tool to all HPE employees via HPE University, fostering next generational global leadership capability and promoting workforce inclusion.
Global Workplace (2007-2010)
Actualizing cross-cultural understanding and strengths of diverse teams.
- Diversity strategy expanded to include the marketplace, workplace and community, including addition of diversity goals to EC scorecard.
- Diversity education integrated into HPE training.
- HPE women among the 50 most powerful women in business.
- Saudi Arabia, HPE is the first international information technology company to hire female employees in 2006.
- ERGs go global.
- First Women's Summit in India.
Inclusive Work Environment (1990-2006)
Creating an inclusive work environment that values all employees.
- CEO diversity dialogue with senior leaders company-wide on diversity accountability.
- Catalyst award for leadership in advancing women in the workplace.
- First black employee forum is held.
- 10th anniversary of women's conference.
- Policies and benefits:
- Revised non-discrimination policy to include sexual orientation, gender identity and expression.
- Domestic partner benefits established.
Workforce Diversity (1980’s)
Initiating proactive behaviors and actions that foster and engage a diverse workforce.
- 1st women's conference.
- Women and underrepresented group ERGs are formed.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action (1960’s/1970’s)
Establishing a workplace free of discrimination.
- Equal Opportunity Policy is established.
- 1st Black/African American and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Employee Resource Groups (ERG) are formed.