Converged Cloud for UK Public sector
Helion Cloud for the UK public sector
Cloud options for UK public sector organisations
At a time of sustained pressure on budgets, public sector organisations are embracing cloud technology to reduce costs, increase efficiency, deliver new shared services, and to maximise flexibility and choice. HPE Helion Cloud helps government departments and agencies seize the cloud opportunity.
There’s no need to compromise choice, manageability or security: we can help you find the right mix of private, hosted and virtual private cloud hosting for your applications.
We can also broker and integrate services from third parties, including SME specialists, to provide a fully integrated Hybrid Cloud solution.
HPE Helion Cloud benefits
- Take advantage of the economies of scale of the government’s single market.
- Pay for what you use.
- Switch from capital costs to operational expenditure.
- Avoid the risk of expensive over-provisioning.
- Find the best hosting option for each application.
- Improve compliance, visibility, security and governance.
- Share more services.
- Integrate services with unified management.
- Free up funding and people for innovation.
- Launch new services faster.
- Engage specialist SMEs where they can add most value
- Embrace open technologies and integrate them within your estate
HPE Helion Cloud services
HPE Helion Cloud covers a range of infrastructure and management services including:
HPE Helion Managed Virtual Private Cloud for Public Sector (UK) - which provides servers, storage, network and security on demand. Our VPC is hosted in our Wynyard datacentre, which is both ISO27001 and Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Security, Trust and Assurance Registry (STAR) certified.
HPE Managed Private Cloud for Public Sector (UK)- which lets you combine the benefits of the cloud with the security and control of a privately hosted, dedicated infrastructure.
HPE Server Management Services - where HPE can run your application, along with the infrastructure to support it – servers, storage and networking.
HPE understands that Cloud computing is about more than just new ways of hosting applications, so we can also provide a range of complementary services and solutions that help organisations execute their journey to the cloud and maximise the benefits that this new style of IT can offer, including:
- Helion Cloud infrastructure based on our servers, storage and networking products, which use open technologies such as OpenStack to aid interoperability and client choice.
- Application development , delivery and support tools to provide an agile, responsive service.
- Security tools and software including HPE ArcSight for security information and event monitoring and the protection offered by our Fortify and TippingPoint products.
- Cloud orchestration and management tools with HPE Cloud Service Automation tools and the HPE Standard Reference Architecture toolset for management, reporting and incident resolution.
Choice, confidence and consistency
HPE Helion Cloud is engineered for the needs of the public sector and is built on three principles:
- Choice. HPE can play the role of service integrator, bringing its own cloud solutions or brokering a Hybrid Cloud ecosystem with a mixture of HPE and third-party systems.
- Confidence. HPE delivers the industry’s broadest cloud solution portfolio, backed by world-class cloud consulting services. This helps you find the right hosting options.
- Consistency. HPE Helion Cloud offers a single common architecture, portability across hosting models and integrated management backed by HPE’s experience and technical resources.