Do you need workstation-class high performance graphics and an improved end-user experience for virtual desktops? Would you like to gain the security and manageability benefits of a data center architecture?
The HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade allows you to centralize your organization’s high-end desktop PCs and workstations for an efficient end-user computing infrastructure while delivering a superior user experience and enhanced security. Assisted with workstation-class, high-performance graphics hardware, the server blade can be a single-user dedicated graphics server or host multiple users sharing resources through compute and graphics virtualization. With virtualized GPU technology from NVIDIA® and AMD®, optimizing GPU performance to user needs is a breeze through simple software configuration.
The HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade is your high-performance end-user computing platform delivering superior user experience from the data center.
- The NVIDIA Tesla M60 PCIe graphics card provides 2 GPUs with 4,096 CUDA cores and 16 GB of GDDR5 video RAM. The Tesla M60 with NVIDIA's Grid 2.0+ software accelerates from 2 to 32 virtual desktops.
- A cost-effective, professional-class GPU. The M3000SE is available as a single mezzanine adapter for a single user or up to six M3000SE GPUs with the MultiGPU Carrier for virtualized compute blades.
Improve Operational Efficiency
The HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade has a high host density of up to 16 (or 8 expansion) blades and high graphics density of up to 48 GPUs or 512 users per 10U rack space. Increases data center efficiency for floor space, electricity and cooling.
Facilitates intellectual property protection by keeping data local to the data center where data leak protection measures are most easily implemented and monitored.
Offers virtualized compute and graphics for efficient resource utilization.
Enables high-density office and task worker deployments of virtual applications and desktops built on Microsoft® Windows® 10 and Office 2016 with GPU acceleration.
Greatly reduces data concurrency issues by making a single data set available world wide. No need to build elaborate data transfer architectures to move design files closer to the user.
GPU Accelerated End-user Computing
The HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade delivers a virtualized, full-fidelity desktop experience including support for 3D graphics applications.
Provides hardware accelerated graphics for professional workstation class performance or high density Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Supports all VDI and application virtualization use cases from professional designer to task worker.
Both compute and graphics processors can be virtualized with up to 16 user sessions per GPU allowing for up to 512 user sessions per 10 rack unit enclosure. Nearly twice the user session density of rack servers.
Data is stored local to the HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade, so complex 3D design models load faster than LAN deployments.
Improved Resource Use and Access Flexibility
The HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade provides professional-grade performance and industry leading GPU density with NVIDIA® Tesla® M6, Quadro M3000SE or AMD FirePro S7100X graphics virtualization technology by using the HPE MultiGPU carrier.
Data is stored near the HPE WS460c workstation so model and file loads occur faster over data center 10GBE networks. Since data is stored in one place it is easier to protect from theft and eliminates data concurrency issues.
High user-session density of up to 512 virtual desktops per 10 rack unit enclosure maximizes data center footprint and lowers cost by increasing compute efficiency and global, follow-the-sun resource utilization.
Transforming Business Economics by Accelerating Service Delivery
Each HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade can be managed by HPE OneView software delivering the power of one—a single comprehensive view of the data center, managing hardware, software, firmware, and drivers.
HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) software features server lifecycle management advancements including iLO Federation, which remotely manages groups of servers at scale.
- 1. Intel performance testing, http://www.intel.com/performance , comparing measurements on platform with two E5-2600 v3 vs E5-2600 v4. November 2015.
- 2. Based on similar capacity DIMM running on HPE server vs a non HPE server with DDR4, July 2014.
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Xeon® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- NVIDIA® is a registered trademark of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- AMD® is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Additional server resources
- HPE Servers Performance
- HPE ProLiant Awards and Honors
- HPE Server Customer Case Studies
- Server Management
- HPE Server Education
Server support & downloads