Are you looking for a 2U ultra-dense and rack-scale system providing the right balance of capacity, performance, and security for your data storage intensive workloads? The HPE Apollo 4200 Gen10 Server offers an architecture optimized for Big Data Analytics, Software-Defined Storage, backup and archive, and other data storage intensive workloads. Its unique, easily serviceable 2U design saves data center space with up to 28 LFF or 54 SFF hot-plug drives. It delivers accelerated performance with a superior bandwidth and balanced architecture, Intel® Xeon® Processors, and NVMe connected SSDs. The focus on security extends from FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validated storage controllers down to the system silicon level, taking full advantage of HPE innovations in firmware protection, malware detection, and recovery. With HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity and HPE Financial Services, you can combine the economic agility benefits of consumption-based IT with the performance and security of on-premise.
- Supports Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor Family.
- Optional rear storage upgrade to support up to 6 SFF NVMe solid state drives (SSDs).
- Higher bandwidth and more balanced system architecture design, and without trade-offs between drive bays and I/O slots.
- Firmware-level security and optional chassis intrusion options.
- Flexible HPE Smart Array Gen10 Controllers support and encryption features to meet different performance requirements for storage solutions.
- Sort for daisy-chaining of out-of-band management network ports.
Ultra-dense and Rack Scale
Highest data storage density in a unique, easier to service 2U standard rack depth chassis.
Up to 28 Large Form Factor (LFF) or 54 Small Form Factor (SFF) hot-plug drives and without I/O compromises. Up to 392 TB in 2U space with 14 TB LFF drives support for the LFF models.
Support for daisy-chaining of out of band management network ports for 95% reduction in management network port consumption per 42U rack.
Workload-optimized with Accelerated Performance
Balanced system architecture with 62% higher bandwidth from three Intel UltraPath Interconnect (UPI) design.
The latest generation Intel Xeon Scalable Processors with up to 28 cores each and DDR4 2933MT/s HPE SmartMemory for up to 66% faster bandwidth.
Up to six NVMe-connected SFF SSDs for low latency and high bandwidth metadata access or data caching.
HPE Smart Array Gen10 Controllers with up to 65% better random and up to 25% better sequential performance, along with network controllers up to 100Gb/s.
Data Secure by Design
HPE iLO 5 and HPE Silicon Root of Trust technology provides firmware protection, malware detection, and firmware recovery.
Optional HPE Smart Encryption for storage controller-based FIPS 140-2 Level 1 data at rest encryption.
Optional Defective Media Retention service to maximize sensitive data control in the event of a drive failure.
Ready for Your Applications, to be Consumed Your Way, Without Headaches
Validated with a wide range of Big Data and Analytics, Software-Defined Storage, backup and archive, and other data storage-intensive applications.
Consumption-based IT through HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity for economic agility of public cloud with the performance and security of on-premises IT.
Backed by services from HPE Pointnext, including support automation in the event hardware components fail.
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Xeon® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
HPE Server Tools
- HPE Security
- HPE Power Advisor
- HPE iLO Licensing Advisor
- HPE Intelligent System Tuning
- HPE Reference Architectures
Additional Server Resource
- HPE Information Library
- HPE Server Management
- HPE Server Operating Systems and Virtualization Software
HPE Server Support & Downloads
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services
Additional Server Products