Are you wanting faster innovation and time to market while lowering costs for managing applications and infrastructure? The HPE Persistent Storage for Containers delivers benefits for cloud-native applications with organizations wanting to use them for enterprise applications. Docker containers are designed to be transient, as is the storage assigned to them. The Docker volumes are tied to a specific server–meaning that as a container is deleted or moved between servers, the underlying storage resources do not stay with that container. While suitable for many containerized applications, other applications (such as Microsoft® SQL databases) critically require storage to persist in such cases for the application to properly function. HPE Persistent Storage for Containers through Docker–integrated Native Docker volume plugin addresses this for HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage and HPE Nimble Storage arrays with full support by all Docker tools.
- Supports HPE 3PAR StoreServ Fibre Channel and iSCSI systems.
- Supports and is certified with Docker, Mesosphere, and Kubernetes.
- Supports QoS/snapshots and clones/encryption.
- Delivers deduplication and compression.
- Provides volume placement across hybrid and all-flash arrays.
- Supports Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial), RHEL 7.3, RHEL OpenShift 3.7 and CentOS 7.3.
Lift and Shift Data with Applications
HPE Persistent Storage for Containers offers rich integration to Docker, Mesosphere, and Kubernetes.
Multicloud on-ramp moves data between on-premises HPE arrays and AWS, or Azure using HPE Cloud Volumes.
On-board data easily and instantly converts legacy volumes to persistent volumes when containerizing applications making your application data as portable as containers.
Offers full-featured data services for both Windows and Linux containers.
Speed up DevOps and Easily Automate
HPE Persistent Storage for Containers automates data management with powerful storage volume plugins to container orchestration tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef), or use rich REST APIs that plug into your system automation.
You do not have to wait to create hundreds of data copies in minutes to speed up development, QA, and staging.
Supports Windows and Linux Containers with a single storage platform that lets developers in the same cluster choose their own operating system and environment.
Simplify Container Operations
With HPE Persistent Storage for Containers you can achieve consistent flash performance with QoS IOPS and capacity limits for containers in a multi-tenant environment.
Six nines of availability when you choose any HPE 3PAR or HPE Nimble Storage array. Predictive infrastructure learns and makes delivering high availability easy.
5-10X less capacity needed as you do not have to store three data copies thanks to Triple+ Parity RAID. Inline deduplication and compression reduce data even more.
- Windows and Microsoft are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. All other third-party trademark(s) is/are property of their respective owner(s).
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ with Docker and Mesosphere Enterprise DC/OS
- HPE Reference Configuration for Docker Datacenter on Bare Metal with Persistent Docker Volumes
- HPE 3PAR and Docker Containers Solution Brief
- HPE Nimble Storage Containers Solution Brief
- HPE Reference Architecture for business-critical applications on Docker-based cloud platform