Enable unprecedented levels of automation and agility with cloud computing solutions.
Do you need a server blade designed to scale for your data-intensive workloads?
The HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade is ideal for virtualization, database, business processing, and other four processor (4P) applications where fine-tuning of data center space and price/performance is paramount. Focused on flexibility, it offers more storage options, faster I/O, and more powerful processing to meet any workload needs at a low TCO. All of this is managed by HPE OneView, the converged management platform that accelerates IT service delivery and boosts business performance.
Supporting the Intel® Xeon® E5-4600 v3 or v4 processors, the BL660c Gen9 Server Blade redefines density-optimized 4-socket blade technology without compromising on performance. HPE DDR4 SmartMemory offers up to a 33%1 performance increase from our previous generation. Additional support includes support for 2 NVMe SSDs, tiered array controller options, 12 Gb/s SAS, 20 Gb FlexibleLOM NICs, M.2, and USB 3.0.
- E5-4600 v4 Intel Xeon processors and HPE 2400MT/s DDR4 SmartMemory.
- Support for two NVMe SSDs for high performance caching.
- Optional 120GB Dual M.2 Kit.
- HPE PCIe Workload Accelerators for up to 3.2 TB of flash based cache.
- Up to four SFF drives, internal USB 3.0, optional dual micro-SD, and optional M.2 support deliver a variety of system boot options.
Ideal 4-socket Dense Form Factor Without Compromising on Performance, Scalability, and Expandability
The HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade delivers four socket (4S) computing in a single-wide, full-height form factor. It has support for two or four cost-effective Intel Xeon E5-4600 v3 or v4 processors each with up to 22 cores and 135 watts without system configuration restrictions.
Provides the flexibility to optimize your core IT applications with right-sized storage for your workload, lowering TCO; all managed by HPE OneView, the converged management platform that accelerates IT service delivery and boosts business performance.
The HPE Gen9 FlexibleLOM solution for your choice of 10 Gb or 20 Gb FlexFabric ports.
Supports four Small Form Factor (SFF) drive bays for increased internal storage capacity.
Improved Memory, Storage, and I/O Performance
The HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade delivers up to 21%2 performance increases with Intel Xeon E5-4600 v4 processors.
HPE DDR4 SmartMemory at 2400MT/s (up to 4 TB with 128 GB DIMMs): +33% throughput compared to competition and 35% lower power consumption than 1.5 V DDR3 at the same bin speed.
Optional support for up to two SFF NVMe Solid State Disks (SSDs) for additional performance.
Optional HPE Smart Array P246br storage controller with 1 GB Flash-Write Back Cache (FWBC) DDR3 at 1866 MHz improves storage performance for demanding workloads.
Flexibility to Configure for Your Specific Workload for Reduced TCO
The HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade delivers tiered storage controller options (HPE Smart Array P246br Controller or the HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller) for increased deployment flexibility.
Every BL660c Gen9 Server Blade includes USB 3.0, optional dual Micro-SD, two SFF drives, 12 Gb SAS and optional 64GB or 120GB M.2 support for configuration variety of system boot options at an optimal price.
Both Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) and Legacy BIOS modes available for increased configuration and deployment versatility.
Transforming Business Economics by Accelerating Service Delivery
HPE OneView provides the HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade with the Power of One—a single comprehensive view of the data center, managing hardware, software, firmware, and drivers.
HPE Integrated Lights-out (iLO) software features server lifecycle management advancements including iLO federation, which remotely manages groups of servers at scale with built-in rapid discovery of all iLOs, group configurations, group health status, and ability to determine iLO licenses.
- 1. HPE Internal testing: 14% to 33% better performance is based on similar capacity DIMM running on Hewlett Packard Enterprise server compared to a non HPE server with DDR4
- 2. Intel internal testing: Up to 21% general compute throughput claim based on est. internal testing comparing 4x Intel Xeon processor E5-4669v4 to E5-4669 v3
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Xeon® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Additional server resources
- HPE Server Performance Benchmarks
- HPE ProLiant Awards and Honors
- HPE Server Customer Case Studies
- Server Management
- HPE ProLiant Servers
Server support & downloads