Are you looking for a compute-intensive server node for your HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 System that includes support for separate graphic processing unit (GPU) processors?
The HPE ProLiant XL190r Gen10 server deployed in the HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 System delivers a dense solution with flexibility for up to two hot-pluggable server nodes in a standard 2U chassis. Each HPE ProLiant XL190r Gen10 server node can be serviced individually without impacting the operation of other nodes sharing the same chassis to provide increased server uptime.
The server node harnesses the performance of 2933 MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory (16 DIMM slots per node) and dual Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors in a very efficient solution that shares both power and cooling infrastructure. It provides accelerated application performance with up to four GPU cards per HPE ProLiant XL190r Gen10 server. HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 System delivers storage flexibility with options that support 12 SFF or 6 LFF HDD/SSD or 8 NVMe SSD.
- New riser option allows for support of four GPUs per server node and provides accelerated performance for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), training, and inference workloads.
- Supports latest second generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, including the latest processors that deliver the highest performance for HPC applications.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost - Vector Neural Network Instruction (VNNI) set to accelerate deep learning and AI workloads with a new set of Intel Advanced Vector Extension (Intel AVX-512) instructions.
- Support for higher frequency DDR4 2933 MT/s 1 DIMM per channel (DPC) as well as larger capacity 128 GB SmartMemory.
- Support for discrete Intel Arria 10 FPGA.
Data Center Optimization with Density, Acceleration, and Management
The HPE ProLiant XL190r Gen10 server delivers the equivalent of two 1U servers in a 2U chassis.
Comprehensive manageability uses tools such as HPE iLO 5 management, HPE Apollo Platform Manager, and HPE Insight Cluster Management Utility (CMU).
Support for up to four GPUs per server node for up to 100% increase in performance for training, inference and VDI workloads.1
Comprehensive Server Security
Every HPE ProLiant XL190r Gen10 server comes with HPE iLO 5 management for firmware-level security enabled by Silicon Root of Trust .
Commercial National Security Algorithms (CNSA) level security provides the highest level of security in the industry.
Secure recovery provides rapid recovery of critical firmware to the last known good state on detection of compromised firmware.
Firmware Runtime Validation scans essential firmware for compromised code during runtime, and sends alerts if compromised code is discovered.
Flexible Scale-out Architecture
HPE ProLiant XL190r Gen10 server and HPE ProLiant XL170r Gen10 server can be mixed and matched in the HPE Apollo 2000 Gen10 System.
Provides storage and I/O flexibility with drive mapping for enhanced storage allocation.
Right-sized scaling allows starting small and growing with the business.
- 1. Bench-marking based on HPE internal results comparing like HPE ProLiant XL190r configurations with 2 & 4 GPUs. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Labs, Houston Texas October 2019
- © Copyright 2017 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HPE products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HPE shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.