HPE StoreOpen Standalone and Automation has simplified the process of using Linear Tape File System (LTFS) making it easier to take advantage of this technology. LTFS makes tape self-describing, file-based, easy-to-use and provides users with the ability to use standard file operations on tape media for accessing, managing and sharing files with an interface that behaves just like a hard disk. HPE StoreOpen Standalone is an application that helps LTFS users to manage single tape drives. Available for Windows and Mac OS, it provides a native GUI with a familiar look and feel. Linux users can download the correct LTFS code and following the step-by-step installation procedure. The HPE StoreOpen Automation free application extends the LTFS functionality by presenting a tape library and its cartridges as a collection of folders for easy access and management. Media movement is handled automatically by the application.
- Technical support is no longer available for StoreOpen Automation. Software is run at your own risk.
Simpler and More Affordable Solution for Long Term Archives
HPE StoreOpen and LTFS allows customers to store data in an open format making the tape self-describing, file-based and easier to use.
HPE StoreOpen Standalone and StoreOpen Automation are FREE software downloads.
Access, manage and share files with an interface that behaves just like a hard drive. Files on tape can be accessed using straight-forward drag-and-drop.
Now with StoreOpen Automation also available for Windows.
Greater Data Mobility by Simplifying the Sharing of Volume Data
HPE StoreOpen with LTFS provides the ability to share data across platforms, making it independent of hardware or software platforms, as you would with a USB drive or memory stick.
Compatible with Windows, MAC and LINUX, it removes the need for lower level proprietary SW applications.
- HPE StoreOpen Standalone and Linear Tape File System (LTFS) Software product documentation
- HPE StoreEver Tape
- HPE StoreOpen Standalone Download
- HPE StoreOpen Automation Download - Including Windows version
- HPE StoreOpen in Japanese
- Drive FW & LTFS Code
- Storage Warranty
- Best practices: HPE StoreOpen and LTFS
- LTFS hits the mark in media and entertainment white paper
- LTFS 2-Minute Video Introduction
- The Value of HP StoreOpen with LTFS
LTFS in action
HPE StoreOpen with LTFS Blogs