How much does every minute of downtime cost your business?
HPE Serviceguard for Linux (SGLX) is a High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) clustering solution that increases up-time for your critical applications by protecting them from a multitude of infrastructure and application faults across physical or virtual environments over any distance. It reduces the impact of un-planned downtime with no compromise on data integrity and performance. Furthermore, it helps achieve near zero planned downtime for maintenance.
- Unlock new possibilities with no compromise on availability: leverage benefits of HPE Persistent Memory while protecting your mission critical workloads and data with trusted SGLX HA and DR solutions.
- Accelerate Disaster Recovery (DR) by resuming database services in mere seconds with extension of automatic role management based recovery from one to two Oracle Data Guard standby instances.4
- SGLX HA and DR solutions now available for HPE Primera and HPE XP8 deployments. Support for SGLX HA solutions using VMware® Virtual Volumes (vVOLS).
- Support for OS versions: SLES 15 SP1, RHEL 8, and RHEL 7.7, and application versions: Oracle® 19c and SAP NetWeaver 7.7x.
Increase Application Up-time with Fast Failover and Data Integrity
HPE Serviceguard for Linux monitors the availability of critical resources and applications. It provides fast fail-over in the event of a failure, in as little as 4 seconds without compromising on data integrity.1
Monitors the availability of applications, services, databases, and platforms over distances, while protecting against outages and reducing downtime during planned maintenance windows.
Offers efficient fault-detection capabilities that automatically fail-over critical applications to safer nodes which resume normal operations with complete data integrity.
Delivers proven algorithms and superior arbitration mechanisms by providing high levels of availability, data integrity, and reliability.
Achieves higher up-time in virtual environments with application failovers rather than virtual machine restarts. HPE Serviceguard for Linux supports VMware®, Hyper-V, and KVM hypervisors.
Stay Available During Site Outages
HPE Serviceguard for Linux Disaster Recovery (DR) solution keeps your applications on-line even after the loss of a data center, over any distance with a choice of responses from fully automatic fail-over to push button recovery.
Features fully-automated recovery for complex, scale-out workloads, such as SAP HANA, using unique “Site Aware Disaster Tolerant Architecture" (SADTA)” that provides robustness, resiliency, and availability for your applications and services.
Offers a suite of disaster recovery solutions for different choice points based on distance, data replication, Recovery Point Objective (RPO), and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) to fulfill a wide array of requirements.
Reduce capital expenditure with flexible deployment models that allow for optimization and consolidation of multiple primary workloads to minimally provisioned DR infrastructure.
Out of the Box Solutions for SAP HANA, Oracle, and Other Enterprise Databases and Applications
HPE Serviceguard for Linux provides out of the box integration for popular Enterprise databases, business applications, and open source software. It provides intelligent, automatic, context-sensitive monitoring, recovery and fail-back operations that are aware of the internal application states.3
Greatly simplifies and accelerates the integration of complex applications into a standardized, proven framework. It reduces initial setup time from days to hours, resulting in 4X faster deployments.2
HPE SGLX offers out of the box integrations for SAP HANA, SAP S/4 HANA, SAP NetWeaver, Oracle, SQL Server 2017 on Linux, IBM Db2, Sybase, and EnterpriseDB PPAS with continuous certifications and enhancements for newer versions of the applications.
HPE SGLX also offers integrations for open source software, such as Network File System (NFS), Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Samba, Tomcat, and Sendmail, at no additional cost.
With the HPE SGLX GUI driven wizard, you can easily integrate other custom or ISV applications.
Near Zero Downtime Maintenance, Easy Administration, and Optimized Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
HPE Serviceguard for Linux offers Live Application Detach (LAD): a feature that allows you to do maintenance of the cluster infrastructure, including the heartbeat network, with near-zero downtime.3
Rolling upgrades enable the upgrade of infrastructure components, operating system, and applications with minimal downtime.
Intuitive Serviceguard Manager GUI allows you to visually configure, monitor, manage, and administer a cluster and its components. Color-coded icons and alerts help you identify and resolve issues quickly.
The GUI also offers workload-based flows that further simplify management and administration of SAP landscapes, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server 2017 on Linux deployments.
Optimize TCO with a choice to license HPE Serviceguard for Linux with 1-year, 3-year, and unlimited licensing options with easy upgrades across editions and terms.
- 1. Failover recovery observed in Hewlett Packard Enterprise internal lab testing. The system was based on an HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 Server with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.3 running HPE Serviceguard 12.10.00 Configuration dependent, excluding cluster reformation time.
- 2. Based on Hewlett Packard Labs analysis that shows typical manual effort for integrating an Oracle database into a cluster requires 30 engineering days. With Oracle toolkit from Hewlett Package Enterprise, this integration is achieved in two engineering days or less.
- 3. Based on Hewlett Packard Labs analysis while performing maintenance activities of the cluster including maintenance of heartbeat network, it used to be a common case where the application had to be brought down. However, with the LAD feature, the application downtime can be reduced to zero, even if the heartbeat network is maintained and the cluster is brought down.
- 4. Based on failover recovery times observed in HPE Reference Architecture for Oracle Database on HPE Superdome Flex with HPE Serviceguard for Linux and Oracle Data Guard - http://h20195.www2.hpe.com/V2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=a50000280enw
- Microsoft is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Red Hat is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. in the United States and other countries. SAP and SAP HANA are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and in several other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other third-party trademark(s) is/are property of their respective owner(s).
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Brochure
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Disaster Recovery Solutions Brochure
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Certification Matrix (Enterprise Edition)
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Support Letter
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Product Documentation
- Tübingen University Hospital future-proofs its SAP environment - “The solution gives us high availability, making our concerns about system failures a thing of the past"
- Nissan improved recovery time from 48 to 2 hours with assured data integrity and business continuity
- Motech achieves high-speed in-memory computing and recovery from faults in four seconds
- NTUC Fair Price builds ideal shopping experience using HPE ConvergedSystem while preventing data loss and providing high availability
- Pella improves performance and scalability while providing mission-critical reliability for its ERP applications
Technical Videos - Serviceguard for Linux (SGLX) Integrations
- With SAP HANA
- With Oracle ASM mirroring
- With Microsoft® SQL Server on Linux - AOAI
- With IBM Db2
- HPE 3PAR SLD for 3 Data Center DR
Webinars, Blogs & Reference Architectures
- SGLX Customer Webinar: High availability and Disaster Recovery Innovation - August 2019
- Podcast - Say “NO” to downtime with HPE Serviceguard for Linux
- Protecting your most vital applications and data with HPE Mission Critical Software
- HPE Reference Architecture for Oracle Database on HPE Superdome Flex with HPE Serviceguard for Linux and Oracle Data Guard
- HPE Reference Architecture for Enterprise Application Continuity Solution for SAP/SAP HANA