HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS has simplified the process of using linear tape file system (LTFS) making it easier to leverage this technology. LTFS makes tape self-describing, file-based, easy-to-use, and provides users with the ability to use standard file operations on tape media for accessing, managing, and sharing files with an interface that behaves just like a hard disk. HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS provides a native GUI with a familiar look and feel to help LTFS users on Windows® and macOS to mount and use LTFS volumes. Linux® users access all LTFS functionality through easy-to-use command line tools.
- HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS on Windows OS is now supported on HPE StoreEver MSL Tape Libraries1
Simpler and More Affordable Solution for Long-Term Archives
HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS allows customers to store data in an open format making the tape self-describing, file-based and easier to use.
HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS is a free download.
Access, manage, and share files with an interface that behaves just like a hard drive. Files on tape can be accessed using straight-forward drag-and-drop.
Greater Data Mobility by Simplifying the Sharing of Volume Data
HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS provides the ability to share data across platforms, making it independent of hardware or software platforms, as you would with a USB drive or memory stick.
Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux it removes the need for lower level proprietary software applications.
- 1. Please reference the HPE StoreOpen Best practices Guide or User Guide for more information on HPE MSL Library support for HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS
- Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. All other third-party trademark(s) is/are property of their respective owner(s).
- Best practices: HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS
- White Paper: LTFS Hits the Mark in Media and Entertainment
- LTFS 2-Minute Video Introduction
- Video: Introducing HPE StoreOpen Software version 3.4
HPE StoreOpen Software for LTFS Blogs