The Arista 7050SX 10/40 Data Center Switch Series offer 1RU and 2RU purpose-built 10/40GbE switches supporting wirespeed Layer 2, Layer 3, and Layer 4 performance combined with low latency and advanced features for software driven cloud networking, Big Data, cloud, virtualized and traditional deployments. This solution provides flexible options for scalable two-tier network designs and incorporates traffic control, monitoring and provisioning features that support ease of use. These switches offer wirespeed 10GbE and 40GbE versatility, plus flexibility for connecting servers and storage running business critical applications, high performance computing (HPC) and highly virtualized cloud infrastructures.
- Combines 48-port host facing SFP+ interfaces with a choice of 10/40GbE options.
- The QSFP+ port interfaces increase the system density up to 72-port 10GbEt or 48-port 10GbE and 6-port 40GbE. These combinations allow for design flexibility.
- Offers 96-port 10GbE SFP+ and 8-port 40GbE QSFP+ interfaces in 2 RU for higher density requirements. Ideal for for top-of-rack or end-of-row with consistent performance, and high availability.
- 7050SX2-72Q (48-port SFP+ and 6-port QSFP+) and 7050SX2-128 (96-port SFP+ and 8-port QSFP+) provides a high-density platform and delivers line rate VXLAN routing in a single pass.
- Typical power consumption of less than 2 Watts per 10GbE port.
Scaling Data Center Performance
Arista 7050SX 10/40 Data Center Switch Series delivers line rate switching at Layer 2 and Layer 3 to enable dramatically faster and simpler network designs for data centers that dramatically lowers the network capital and operational expenses.
Featuring a choice of 1RU and 2RU models, the Arista 7050SX Series deliver high-density 1/10GbE SFP+ based ports and 10/40GbE ports using QSFP+ for flexible configurations supporting migration from 1/10GbE to 10/40GbE networks.
The flexibility of the Layer 2 and Layer 3 multi-path design options combined with support for open standards provides increased flexibility, scalability and network wide virtualization.
Scale Out Network Designs
In cut-through mode, the Arista 7050SX 10/40 Data Center Switch Series forward packets with a latency of 550 nanoseconds to 650 nanoseconds.
Upon congestion, the packets are buffered in shared packet memory that has a total size of 12 MB.
The Arista 7050X delivers a suite of advanced traffic control and monitoring features to improve the agility of modern high-performance environments, with solutions for data monitoring and virtualization.
Arista Extensible Operating System (EOS)
Arista EOS is a modular switch operating system with a unique state sharing architecture that cleanly separates switch state from protocol processing and application logic.
Built on top of a standard Linux® kernel, all EOS processes run in their own protected memory space and exchange state through an in-memory database.
Arista EOS automates complex IT workflows and simplifies network operations while reducing downtime. It’s rich automation capabilities not only reduce the human error element in network operations but also enables IT operators to make the network work the way they want.
- Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.