Do you need to add direct-attached storage to your HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen10 server blade? The HPE D2500sb Storage blade delivers direct-attached storage (DAS) to the HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen10 server blade, with support for up to 12 hot plug small form factor (SFF) SAS- or SATA-based hard disk drives (HDDs) or SAS-/SATA-based solid state disks (SSDs). The enclosure backplane provides a PCI Express (PCIe) connection to the adjacent HPE BladeSystem c-Class enclosure and enables high-performance storage access without any additional cables. The HPE D2500sb Storage blade includes an internal HPE Smart Array controller with 2 GB flash-backed write cache (FBWC), for increased performance and data protection. Up to eight HPE D2500sb Storage blade devices can be supported in a single HPE BladeSystem c7000 enclosure.
- Support for HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen10 server blade.
- Over three times the storage capacity of the previous generation.
- Support for additional HDDs and SSDs.
High-performance Direct-Attach Shared Storage
The HPE D2500sb Storage blade includes support for the HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen10 server blade.
It provides built-in HPE Smart Array P408i-sb with 2 GB flash-backed write cache (FBWC) with high-speed PCIe connection for increased data protection and performance.
It provides support for up eight HPE D2500sb Storage blade which provide up to 368.64 TB per enclosure.
Compact, yet Flexible
The HPE D2500sb Storage blade includes support for up to 12 hot plug SFF SAS or SATA HDDs or SAS/SATA SSDs for higher performance.
Utilizing the built-in HPE Smart Array P408i-sb SR Gen10 controller with 2 GB flash-backed write cache (FBWC), the HPE D2500sb Storage blade can be configured for RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, 1 Advanced Data Mirroring (ADM), and 10 ADM for increased flexibility.
It plugs directly into the HPE BladeSystem c-Class enclosure with no additional cabling needed, providing dedicated storage for the adjacent server blade.
It mixes and matches different drive types (SAS/SATA, SSD/HDD) in a single enclosure. Note that an array must contain only one drive type.
Familiar HPE ProLiant Management
The HPE D2500sb Storage blade allows simple configuration and easy setup with HPE Smart Storage Administrator, which is included.
Predictive drive failure can detect possible drive failures before they occur, allowing replacement of the component before failure to maintain overall performance and uptime.
It manages storage remotely using the HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO) technology.
It is easy to maintain and troubleshoot utilizing industry standard management tools including Intelligent Provisioning and Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) System Utilities.
- Microsoft and Windows Server are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Red Hat is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other third-party trademark(s) is/are property of their respective owner(s).
- HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen10 Server Blade
- HPE Server Performance Benchmarks
- HPE Server Customer Case Studies
- Server Management
Evolving to HPE Synergy