Enable unprecedented levels of automation and agility with cloud computing solutions.
Looking for a dense but highly scalable server for your data center application and virtualization needs?
The HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 Server is a high-density four-socket (4S) server with balanced performance, increased scalability and reliability, all in a 2U chassis.
Supporting the latest Intel® Xeon® E5-4600 v4/v3 processors, the HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 Server offers greater processing power, along with increased storage capacity, I/O bandwidth of up to seven PCIe Gen 3.0 slots, up to 3 TB of memory, plus the intelligence and simplicity of automated management with HPE OneView and HPE iLO 4. The HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 Server is the ideal server for virtualization, server consolidation, database, business processing, and general 4P data-intensive applications where data center space and the right performance are paramount.
- Support for the Intel® Xeon® E5-4600 v4 processor family.
- HPE 25GbE Network Adapters have the breakthrough performance you need at 2.5X the performance of previous generation 10GbE and a lower overall cost for scalability to 100 Gbps3.
- HPE DDR4 SmartMemory 2400 MHz modules for increased performance for data-intensive application workloads.
- HPE OneView 3.0 for HPE ProLiant (DL) Rack Gen9 Servers provides infrastructure management that reduces complexity with automation simplicity.
- HPE Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 prevents unauthorized access to servers and securely store artifacts used to authenticate the server platforms.
4-socket Performance in a Dense 2U Form Factor
The HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 Server provides 4S computing in a dense 2U form factor and supports up to four Intel® Xeon® E5-4600 v4/v3 processors with the E5-4600 v4 processor providing up to 21%1 more processor performance bin to bin and 22%1 more cores and cache than the previous generation.
The HPE Flexible Smart Array and HPE Smart SAS HBA Controllers, with support of up to 4 GB FBWC, allow you the flexibility to choose the optimal 12 Gb/s controller most suited to your environment. Along with the embedded SATA HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller for boot, data and media needs.
HPE DDR4 SmartMemory improves workload performance and power efficiency while preventing data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling. Support for up to 3 TB DDR4 maximum capacity (48 DIMM slots) with speeds up to 2400 MHz with up to 23%2 performance gain.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise servers and 25GbE networking3 will transform data centers with improved performance and at an overall lower TCO than 10GbE.
New Generation Expandability and Reliability for Multi-workloads
The HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 Server supports up to seven PCIe 3.0 expansion slots, to support a GPU and networking cards offering increased I/O bandwidth and expandability.
Achieve greater capacity with a redesigned chassis including up to 24 Small Form Factor (SFF) HPE SmartDrives and NVMe options; along with an optional HPE Universal Media Bay delivering optimal performance, capacity, and reliability to meet various customer workload requirements at the right economics.
You have a choice of embedded 4x1GbE, HPE FlexibleLOM, PCIe standup 1GbE, 10GbE or 25GbE adapters3 which provides flexibility of networking bandwidth and fabric so you can adapt and grow to changing business needs.
Support for up to two 1200W or 1500W HPE Common Slot Power Supplies for increased redundancy and reducing unnecessary downtime.
Optimal Efficiencies for Scale-up Environments
The HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 Server supports improved ambient temperature ASHRAE A3 and A44 standards helping to reduce your cooling expenses.
High efficiency HPE Common Slot Power Supplies provide up to 94% efficiency (Platinum Plus), and support for HPE Power Discovery Services.
Customer-inspired and easily accessible features include: improved chassis design for ease of serviceability, hot pluggable fans and drives, optional SID for health and monitoring of components and Quick Reference code for quick access to product information.
Agile Infrastructure Management for Accelerating IT Service Delivery
With the HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 Server, HPE OneView provides infrastructure management for automation simplicity across servers, storage and networking.
Online personalized dashboard for Converged Infrastructure health monitoring and support management with HPE Insight Online.
Configure in Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) boot mode, provision local and remote with HPE Intelligent Provisioning and Scripting Toolkits.
Embedded management to deploy, monitor and support your server remotely, out of band with HPE iLO and optimize firmware and driver updates and reduce downtime with HPE Smart Update, consisting of HPE Smart Update Manager (SUM) and HPE Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP).
- 1. Intel internal estimates as of Aug 2015. Results have been estimated based on internal Intel analysis and are provided for informational purposes only. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products.
- 2. 23% better performance is based on similar capacity DIMM running on HPE server compared to a non HPE server with DDR4. HPE internal labs estimate, March 2016.
- 3. 25G/10G is 2.5X raw performance increase of 25G vs. 10G. Data is via HPE internal labs estimate. HPE 25 GBbE adapters may be available 2nd Half of 2016 for the HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 server.
- 4. Please see www.hpe.com/servers/ASHRAE for details.
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Xeon® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- HPE iLO Licensing Advisor
- HPE Power Advisor
- Memory Configurator
- Enterprise Information Library
- HPE Reference Architectures
Additional server resources
Server support & downloads
- Support for discontinued products
- Service Pack for ProLiant software downloads
- Software support matrices
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services
Additional Server Products