Need to secure your server and remotely manage it? The HPE iLO Advanced license offers security and smart remote functionality without compromise for HPE ProLiant Servers. This license includes the full suite of HPE iLO server management capabilities that offer users enhanced security, improved efficiency and ease of server management. The Integrated Remote Console feature unlocked by this license lets you operate on your server from anywhere, anytime increasing productivity. It also unlocks all marque security features offered by HPE ProLiant servers such as directory integration and 2-factor authentication that complement the security features which are part of the base server offering. This license enables the complete group management capabilities provided by the iLO Federation feature. HPE iLO Advanced is available for HPE ProLiant, HPE Apollo and HPE Edgeline Servers. HPE Synergy Compute Modules include iLO Advanced capabilities, no license is needed.
- Server Configuration Lock ensures secure transit and locks server hardware configuration—enabling unparalleled detection of attempts to tamper server configuration.
- Workload Performance Advisor provides an easy method to monitor and receive real-time tuning recommendations to improve workload performance.
- One-button Secure Erase provides an easy method to re-purpose and redeploy your server, ensuring all user data on the server and secondary storage & NVRAM are erased, per NIST Standards 800-88r1.
- Support for Gemalto Safenet and Safenet AT key managers.
- Support for all features previously supported via HPE iLO Advanced Premium Security Edition license.
- HTML 5 Remote Console for iLO 4.
Sophisticated Remote Administration of Servers
HPE iLO Advanced provides Integrated Remote Console with virtual keyboard and mouse to significantly reduce IT cost associated with travel and unplanned downtime.
Supports Global Team Collaboration for up to six consoles.
Console Record and Playback of server administration activity.
Virtual Media and folders to simplify server set up.
Power Management with 24-hour history and dynamic capping for health monitoring, power and thermal control.
Enhanced Security Features
Unparalleled transit and endpoint tamper detection.
Support for all iLO Advanced Premium Security Edition features.
HPE iLO Advanced provides Directory Service Authentication that allows for user-password policies to be inherited from a directory without the need to update user-password setting in each server.
Common Access Card (CAC)/Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card based 2-factor authentication (available on HPE Gen10 Server portfolios and later).
Kerberos authentication provides dual authentication allowing users to log in once and navigate between servers.
HPE iLO Advanced gives you access to Hewlett Packard Enterprise patented Jitter Smoothing technology for significant performance improvements, real savings, and a more intelligent server environment.
Workload Performance Advisor, providing you an easy method to get maximum performance from your server by providing recommendations on the right BIOS parameter settings.
Jitter smoothing mitigates processor frequency fluctuation for reduced latency, more deterministic performance and, in some cases, improved overall workload throughput above Turbo Boost Mode1 alone.
Simplified Server Management at Scale and Built-in Group Management with iLO Federation
HPE iLO Advanced offers Group Virtual Media which gives you the ability to replicate the same script media within an iLO Federation group.
Group Power Control lets you turn several servers on and off with a single click.
Group Power Capping allows servers to share power consumption among a group of servers.
Group License Activation for faster implementation of iLO licenses.
HTML5 remote console for iLO.
- 1. Improved overall workload throughput above Turbo Boost Mode alone. HPE internal testing from the Performance Engineering Benchmarking team, April 2017.
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
iLO Product Information
iLO Management and Security
- Server Infrastructure Security Solutions
- RESTful Application Programming Interface (API) Ecosystem
- Agentless Management
- Active Health System
- iLO Features and Supported Servers
- iLO Licensing Key Installation Instructions
- iLO User Guide
- iLO Information Library
Support and Download
Language Pack Downloads