How much does every minute of downtime cost your business? HPE Serviceguard for Linux (SGLX), a high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) clustering solution, increases up-time for your critical applications by protecting them from a multitude of infrastructure and application faults across physical or virtual environments over any distance. It reduces the impact of unplanned downtime with no compromise on data integrity and performance. Furthermore, it helps achieve near zero planned downtime for maintenance.
- Customize your TCO with added flexibility using term-based subscription offering: New choice to license Serviceguard for Linux with 1 and 3-year subscription licenses including support.
- Achieve up to 20x faster recovery from HANA DB failures with accelerated failover; triggering immediate SGLX takeover that invokes synchronized primary shutdown and standby activation.4
- Greatly reduce planned downtime for SAP HANA with the new concurrent shutdown and start-up maintenance procedure. Manage SAP landscapes with ease using SG manager GUI, now enabled for SAP workloads.
- Now leverage cost efficiency of HANA Dynamic Tiering in scale-up & scale-out deployments with no compromise on availability. Improved flexibility with support for cross-subnet HANA scale-up deployment
- SGLX now available for Oracle Linux platforms. Manage Oracle workloads with ease using enhanced SG Manager GUI. New composable SGLX solutions for Microsoft SQL Server on Linux running on HPE Synergy.
- Now deploy SGLX HA & DR solutions on platforms based on 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors. SGLX HA solutions now also supported on HPE SimpliVity 380 Hyperconverged platforms.
Maximize Application Up-time with Fast Failover and Data Integrity
HPE Serviceguard for Linux monitors the availability of critical resources and applications, and provides fast failover in the event of a failure, in as little as 4 seconds without compromising on data integrity.1
Monitors the availability of applications, services, databases, and platforms over distances while protecting against outages and reducing downtime during planned maintenance windows.
Offers efficient fault detection capabilities that automatically failover critical applications to safer nodes and that resume normal operations with complete data integrity.
Delivers proven algorithms and superior arbitration mechanisms providing high levels of availability, data integrity, and reliability.
Achieves higher up time in virtual environments with application failovers rather than virtual machine restarts. HPE Serviceguard for Linux supports VMware®, Hyper-V and KVM hypervisors.
Stay Available During Site Outages
HPE Serviceguard for Linux disaster recovery (DR) solution keeps your application online even after the loss of a data center over any distance with a choice of responses from fully automatic failover to push button recovery.
Fully automatic recovery for complex, scale-out workloads such as SAP HANA using unique “site aware disaster tolerant architecture (SADTA)” that provides robustness, resiliency, and availability for your applications and services.
Offers a suite of disaster recovery solutions for different choice points based on distance, data replication, Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) to fulfill a wide array of requirements.
Reduce capital expenditure with flexible deployment models that allow for optimization and consolidation of multiple primary workloads to minimally provisioned DR infrastructure.
Out of the Box Solutions for SAP HANA, Oracle and Other Enterprise Databases and Applications
HPE SGLX provides out of the box integration for popular enterprise databases, business applications, and open source software. These provide intelligent, automatic, context-sensitive monitoring, recovery and failback operations that are aware of the internal application states.3
They greatly simplify and accelerate the integration of complex applications into a standardized, proven framework. They reduce initial setup time from days to hours resulting in 4X faster deployments.2
HPE SGLX offers out of the box integrations for SAP HANA, SAP S/4 HANA, SAP NetWeaver, Oracle, SQL Server 2017 on Linux & IBM Db2, Sybase, EnterpriseDB PPAS and continuous certifications and enhancements for newer versions of the applications.
HPE SGLX also offers integrations for open source software such as Network File System (NFS), Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Samba, Tomcat, and Sendmail at no additional cost.
With the SGLX GUI driven wizard, you can easily integrate other custom or ISV applications.
Near Zero Downtime Maintenance, Easy Administration and Optimized TCO
HPE SGLX offers Live Application Detach (LAD); a feature that allows you to do maintenance of the cluster infrastructure, including the heartbeat network, with near-zero downtime.3
Rolling upgrades enable the upgrade of infrastructure components, operating system, and applications with minimal downtime.
Intuitive Serviceguard Manager GUI allows you to visually configure, monitor, manage, and administer a cluster and its components. Color-coded icons and alerts help you identify and resolve issues quickly.
The GUI also offers workload based flows that further simplify management and administration of SAP landscapes, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server 2017 on Linux deployments.
Optimize TCO with a choice to license Serviceguard for Linux with 1-year, 3-year and unlimited licensing options with easy upgrades across editions and terms.
- 1. Failover recovery observed in Hewlett Packard Enterprise internal lab testing. The system was based on an HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 Server with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.3 running HPE Serviceguard 12.10.00 Configuration dependent, excluding cluster reformation time.
- 2. Based on Hewlett Packard Labs analysis that shows typical manual effort for integrating Oracle database into a cluster to require 30 engineering days. With Oracle toolkit from Hewlett Package Enterprise, this integration is achieved in two engineering days or less.
- 3. Based on Hewlett Packard Labs analysis while performing maintenance activities of the cluster including maintenance of heartbeat network, it used to be a common case where the application had to be brought down. However, with LAD feature it is noticed that the application downtime has been reduced to none even if the heartbeat network is maintained and the cluster is brought down.
- 4. Failover recovery observed in Hewlett Packard Enterprise internal lab testing with HPE Serviceguard for Linux A.12.40.00. Failover times may vary based on hardware configuration, database size, and other software configurations.
- Microsoft is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Red Hat is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. in the United States and other countries. SAP and SAP HANA are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and in several other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other third-party trademark(s) is/are property of their respective owner(s).
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Brochure
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Disaster Recovery Solutions Brochure
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Certification Matrix (Enterprise Edition)
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Support Letter
- HPE Serviceguard for Linux Product Documentation
- Motech achieves high-speed in-memory computing and high availability
- RI Solution modernizes its SAP environment with Superdome X and achieves high uptime
- NTUC Fair Price builds ideal shopping experience using HPE ConvergedSystem while preventing data loss and providing high availability
- Pella improves performance and scalability while providing mission-critical reliability for its ERP applications
Technical Videos - Serviceguard for Linux (SGLX) Integrations
- With SAP HANA
- With Oracle ASM mirroring
- With Microsoft® SQL Server on Linux - AOAI
- With IBM Db2
- HPE 3PAR SLD for 3 Data Center DR
Blogs and Whitepapers
- HPE Extends Solutions for SAP Applications from the Digital Core to the Intelligent Edge
- SQL Server for Linux Is Here and A New Chapter for Mission Critical
- HPE Reference Architecture for Oracle 12c high availability with HPE Integrity Superdome X, 3PAR StoreServ 8450 All Flash and Serviceguard for Linux
- HPE Reference Architecture for Microsoft SQL Server 2017 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux with HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10