HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP service
HPE Services — Packaged Support Services
This addendum to the HPE Complete Care Service—Starter Pack data sheet or HPE Complete Care Service data sheet, as applicable, describes HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP® service, an optional analysis service feature of HPE Complete Care Service.
The HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP service is intended for Customers who want help to identify performance and capacity improvements on one layer of their SAP IT software stack powered by HPE (application, database, operating system).
As part of the HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP service HPE will provide one IT Performance Analysis for SAP service per year, identifying the key capacity and performance metrics for one SAP system as identified by the SAP System Identifier. The SAP System Identifier (sapsid) is a unique identification of an SAP System Instance within a Customer’s SAP landscape.
The IT Performance Analysis for SAP service identifies and documents potential performance issues related to several system resources including the operating system, database and the SAP application(s).
The IT Performance Analysis for SAP service includes a review of the SAP basis system and the associated system hardware, database, and SAP application instances as well as optimization recommendations for an SAP system tailored to a Customer’s individual needs.
The IT Performance Analysis for SAP service will include a report designed to provide details regarding the performance status of the selected SAP system elements. These SAP elements include applications (including the SAP HANA® powered SAP application), the connected database (SAP HANA database, as well as non-SAP HANA databases) and the operating system.
- Is intended to provide information on the current performance status of the SAP system, which provides a baseline to identify performance trends
- Can help to identify trend performance for preventive performance management activities
- Can help to uncover impact of planned IT transformation projects
- Can give direct access to the expertise and experience of an HPE performance technical consultant
- Provides tailored recommendations, tips, and hints that are intended to help Customers keep performance at optimal levels
Performance analysis report
The Customer must purchase an HPE Complete Care Service standard or basic support agreement for the hardware and software that make up the HPE solution system based on SAP covered under Customer’s HPE Complete Care Service contract.
- The Customer is responsible for completing any Customer responsibilities identified during the planning phase such as collecting data or granting HPE system access in order for HPE to schedule delivery of the HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP service. Customer must also designate a primary contact with requisite skills and knowledge to work with HPE in performance of the service.
The Customer will:
- Contact HPE within 180 days from order acceptance to schedule and receive the delivery of the service. HPE reserves the right to reprice for services not scheduled and delivered within 180 days. Orders for services will expire after 365 days (1 year) from the order acceptance date for services not scheduled and delivered and Customer will not be entitled to a refund for the unused services
- Provide Hewlett Packard Enterprise with full information as required to perform the analysis
- Provide a technical contact and system access if required
- Collect the performance data based on the tools and instructions provided by HPE
- Provide the collected data to HPE in an agreed and secure way, for example, using the HPE Support Center portal using encrypted communication and a named account
- Answer any additional performance, or system-related questions that are required to complete the analysis
All services are delivered remotely.
Any services not clearly specified are excluded from this service.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- This service is an advisory service and does not include any remediation of hardware or software related problems
- This service may not be available in all countries or areas
- Performance analysis report document and debriefing session is delivered in English only
- Performance analysis is run on one SAP system including the application, database, operating system
- Supported applications must be SAP applications
- Supported databases will include one of the following: SAP HANA, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase ASE, IBM Db2, SAP MaxDB
- Supported operating systems will include one of the following: Linux, Windows, or HP-UX operating systems
If any HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP service coverage terms extend past the term of the HPE Complete Care Service SOW or Starter Pack service, and the SOW or Starter Pack service is not renewed under the HPE Complete Care Service coverage prior to expiration, then the HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP service will cease upon termination of the HPE Complete Care Service SOW or Starter Pack service. No refunds will be provided for the HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP service as a result of nonrenewal of the SOW or Starter Pack service.
- All services will be performed during local HPE standard business hours and days, excluding HPE holidays, unless otherwise agreed by HPE in writing. Any services provided outside of HPE standard business hours may be subject to additional charges.
- HPE resource time is dependent upon the Customer’s compliance with required prerequisites and participation.
- HPE’s ability to deliver the services is dependent upon Customer’s full and timely cooperation with HPE, as well as the accuracy and completeness of information and data the Customer provides to HPE.
HPE Complete Care Service—Performance Optimization for SAP service
- HY0W3AC—HPE CC SB Performance Optim SAP SVC
- HY0W3A3—HPE 3Y CC SB Performance Optim SAP SVC
- HY0W3A4—HPE 4Y CC SB Performance Optim SAP SVC
- HY0W3A5—HPE 5Y CC SB Performance Optim SAP SVC
For additional HPE Performance Optimization services, refer to the HPE Service Credits menu.
© Copyright 2023 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Hewlett Packard Enterprise shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft, SQL Server, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. SAP, SAP HANA, and SAP MaxDB are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. All third-party marks are property of their respective owners.
a50007666enw, Rev. 3