The Arista 7280R MACsec Data Center Switch Router Series solution is integrated in an Arista 7280R Series 48-port 10GbE and 6-port 100GbE 1RU platform offering high port density and high performance at an efficient cost point. This solution utilizes proven encryption technology to protect traffic for a more simple and scalable data center interconnect to transport massive volumes of traffic through networks. The Arista 7280R MACsec Data Center Switch Router Series delivers a comprehensive choice of pluggable 100GbE optics, it can be used to encrypt links between tiers in leaf and spine data center designs. Standards-based IEEE 802.1AE (MAC Security standard, referred to as MACsec) capabilities provide line-rate frame encryption and authentication. This provides confidentiality as well as delivering anti-replay protection and confidence in the integrity of encrypted traffic.
- 100GbE wire-speed encryption delivering IEEE 802.1AE capabilities provide line-rate frame encryption and authentication for all traffic.
- Unprecedented levels of buffering, scale and availability with built-in wire-speed MACsec encryption on the 100GbE ports and support for Arista AlgoMatch.
- Arista AlgoMatch enables flexible and scalable solutions for access control, policy-based forwarding and network telemetry.
- Accelerated sFlow for advanced network telemetry, capacity planning, security analysis and quality of experience monitoring.
The Arista 7280R MACsec Data Center Switch Router Series delivers IEEE 802.1AE MACsec encryption on a per port basis.
Provides wire-speed encryption on 6-port 100GbE.
Enhanced with data center interconnect (DCI) for enterprise-level security and site-site encryption in a compact footprint.
Designed for the Enterprise Data Center
The Arista 7280R MACsec Data Center Switch Router Series has 4 GB of ultra-deep packet buffering with Virtual Output Queues per port to reduce head-of-line blocking.
Front-to-rear or rear-to-front cooling, redundant and hot-swap power and fans, 94% efficient power supplies and NEBS-compliant.
Wire-speed Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding across 48-port 1/10GbE and 6-port 100GbE in 1RU with wire-speed performance of up to 2.16 Tbps.
Arista Extensible Operating System (EOS)
Arista EOS is a modular switch operating system with a unique state sharing architecture that cleanly separates switch state from protocol processing and application logic.
Built on top of a standard Linux® kernel, all EOS processes run in their own protected memory space and exchange state through an in-memory database.
Arista EOS automates complex IT workflows and simplifies network operations while reducing downtime. It’s rich automation capabilities not only reduce the human error element in network operations but also enables IT operators to make the network work the way they want.
- Lync® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.