Do you need to increase the performance of your data center database and analytics applications? HPE NVDIMMs are the newest non-volatile memory offering in the HPE Persistent Memory product category. They provide the right-sized capacity for removing smaller storage bottlenecks, reducing latency and increasing processing speeds significantly. HPE NVDIMMs also have the resiliency you have come to expect from storage technology by utilizing higher endurance DRAM and components that help verify data is moved to non-volatile technology in the event of a power loss. Customers can have the assurance that data will be accessible when they need it. This offering provides customers with the best of both worlds, the performance of memory and the persistence of storage, but that's not all. HPE NVDIMMs are not just new hardware technology, but a complete software ecosystem designed to work with today’s applications and workloads, including databases and analytics workloads.
- New HPE 16GB NVDIMM for Gen10 Servers - 50% increase in capacity vs Gen9 Servers5
- 25% faster NVDIMMs in Gen10 Servers6
- Expanded server platform support with Gen10 Servers
Storage at the Speed of Memory
Select HPE Servers equipped with HPE 16GB NVDIMMs increase performance for write intensive workloads delivering up to 2x+ faster database logging performance.1
Designed to speed customer applications workloads, delivering up to 4x faster and better CPU Utilization with byte addressable storage.2
Technology Designed to Make Your Business Data Resilient
The HPE 16GB NVDIMM Modules include a flash component for persistence and utilizes the HPE Smart Storage Battery that provides you with a persistent storage capability at memory speeds without the data volatility of memory.4
Active data runs on DRAM component of NVDIMM which not only provides outstanding performance but also offers greater endurance than traditional storage media.
Solutions Designed Around Your Business Workloads
HPE Persistent Memory is designed around industry applications and workloads to deliver the performance of memory with the persistence of storage.
Complete hardware and software ecosystem providing a comprehensive persistent memory solution for your business, delivering up to 50% reduction in core-based software licensing.3
- 1. Internal HPE lab testing on an HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 E5 2600 v4 with HPE 8GB NVDIMM-N, December 2015.
- 2. Internal HPE lab testing on an HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 E5 2600 v4 with HPE 8GB NVDIMM-N, December 2015.
- 3. HPE Internal lab testing. Data gathered on pre-release hardware and software, final results may differ, March 31, 2017.
- 4. Based on the NVDIMM utilizing NAND Flash as a persistent store and the HPE Smart Storage Battery providing the backup power source to move data from DRAM to NAND Flash.
- 5. Comparing 8GB NVDIMM to 16GB NVDIMM equals 2X capacity increase, July 2017.
- 6. Comparing 8GB NVDIMM speed of 2133 in Gen9 to 16GB NVDIMM speed of 2666 in Gen10, July 2017.
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Persistent Memory technical papers
- Persistent Memory technical white paper
- Persistent Memory on SQL Server 2016
- Persistent Memory on Windows Server 2012 R2
- Reducing Oracle licensing and improving performance
- Accelerate EDB Postgres Advanced Server
Persistent Memory Videos and Blogs