How can Composable Infrastructure be managed as ‘infrastructure as code’? HPE Synergy Composer provides native infrastructure management for assembling and re-assembling fluid pools of compute, storage, and fabric resources to meet any workload. ‘Infrastructure as code’ capability provides on-demand delivery and support of applications and services with consistent governance, compliance, and integration. This is a paradigm shift in managing infrastructure. Software-defined architecture auto-discovers and self-assimilates HPE Synergy resources for immediate use with template-driven operations. This intelligence increases the speed, efficiency, and reliability of operations. HPE Synergy Composer deploys, monitors, and updates the infrastructure from one interface or the Unified API. IT can deploy infrastructure for traditional, virtualized, containerized, and cloud environments. Resources can be updated, flexed, and redeployed in a frictionless manner without service interruptions.
- FIPS and CNSA support is available for HPE Gen10 servers to increase data center security.
- Orchestrated rolling cluster updates and secure iLO NAND offline updates help to reduce downtime. Cluster profiles can be used to deploy, update, and automate clusters.
- Email notifications can alert your remote support contacts when support cases are opened or closed. HPE OneView Remote Technician enables secure/remote troubleshooting with an HPE service technician.
- HPE 3PAR support for large volumes and compression allows managing the compression state of 3PAR volumes over their lifetime with support for 3PAR volumes up to a max size of 64 TiB.
- Brocade Fibre Channel 16Gb Interconnect Modules provide data volume support with profile- and template- driven SAN storage management (but without boot-from-SAN configuration).
- HPE OneView for Microsoft Azure Log Analytics provides hybrid cloud infrastructure management for on-premise HPE hardware/firmware inventory, health status, and alert analyses.
Optimize Applications and Service-levels
HPE Synergy Composer provides a powerful software architecture which is matched to a flexible HPE Synergy hardware infrastructure. Software-defined infrastructure assembles and re-assembles physical and virtual resources to eliminate complexity and to orchestrate fluid pools of resources.
HPE Synergy Composer discovers available resources for immediate use and displays flexible pools of compute, storage, and networking in a single infrastructure. Rapidly composes all types of infrastructure resources for use is the essence of 'infrastructure-as-code'.
Move Faster by Accelerating Application and Service Delivery
HPE Synergy Composer is a paradigm shift in how to manage infrastructure because it reduces manual interaction and human error, by implementing change operations automatically and capturing the best practices of your experts into templates.
Templates capture best practices and efficiently use resources, including creation of logical infrastructures to provision at near-instant speeds and meet application needs.
Scaling is simple and automated. Additional capacity is self-assimilated into larger flexible pools to reduce operational complexity as hardware grows, achieving economies of scale and efficiency.
Work More Efficiently by Reducing Operational Effort and Cost
HPE Synergy Composer reduces multiple tools into a single interface for virtually every lifecycle operational change. These changes can be quickly implemented by a single administrator.
Updates, from a tested release set of component software, are securely handled using a dedicated data network (separate from the management/control network) with redundant path configurations. HPE Synergy out-of-band management offers a dedicated 10Gbps bandwidth for added security and control.
Firmware updates can quickly update multiple frames to a new baseline in a non-disruptive manner, unifying updates for all components. Firmware and OS driver updates are controlled by server profiles and can be staged on the server for activation during a maintenance window to reduce outages.
Server profile templates are powerful software constructs which comprehend compute, storage, and network resources for 'infrastructure-as-code' control. Templates can ‘monitor, flag, and remediate’ out-of-compliance elements in individual server profiles using inheritance properties.
Unlock Value by Increasing Productivity and Control
HPE Synergy Composer delivers automation using a Unified API. This RESTful API provides simple access for fast policy-based operations -- which can include discovery, search, inventory, configuration, provisioning, updates, and diagnosis of Composable Infrastructure (CI).
Traditional environments can automate processes and design workflows to meet their needs, eliminating multiple time-consuming scripting tools and interfaces. Popular tools such as Microsoft® Systems Center and VMware® vCenter® Server use this fully-programmable API to integrate with HPE Synergy.
Automation and operational control of HPE Synergy can be used by applications like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and Salt to achieve productivity for DevOps. Physical resources are presented in the same way as virtual and public cloud resources, so DevOps tools can provision instantly and programmatically.
Developers and users can control HPE Synergy infrastructure programmatically using the Unified API to create a hyper-connected data center. Automate operations and workloads, create DevOps-ready infrastructures, construct cloud infrastructure, or deploy containerized micro-service applications.
- Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- VMware® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- VMware vCenter Server™ is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Technical Support / Manuals
Synergy Compute and Storage
- HPE Synergy Compute Modules
- HPE Synergy D3940 Storage Module
- HPE Synergy Fabrics (interconnects, networks, SAN Switches)
Synergy Infrastructure and Interconnects
Composable Infrastructure and Ecosystem