Would you like to do away with traditional storage planning?
HPE 3PAR Operating System Software Suite provides the foundation software for HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage, designed from the ground up to be both affordable and meet any workload demand. This suite offers advanced internal virtualization and reporting capabilities to increase your storage management efficiency, capacity utilization and performance.
Storage management is simplified by handling provisioning and change management autonomically and intelligently at a subsystem level, without administrative intervention.
With built-in HPE 3PAR thin technology, you can cut your capacity requirements in half and ensure that your capacity stays efficient over time.
Move data from legacy storage with the integrated data migration feature and install simply and quickly with SmartStart.
- Network simplification and security offered with iSCSI VLAN tagging.
- Engineered and designed for solid-state performance, HPE 3PAR Thin Express Gen 5 ASIC, enables HPE 3PAR StoreServ systems to deliver up to 5x improvement in system bandwidth and faster XOR operation.
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ is VMware VVols ready. VMware VVols represents significant innovation in the way that vSphere virtual machines (VMs) interact with shared storage.
- HPE 3PAR Online Import support for EMC VMAX, VNX, CLARiiON CX4 and Hitachi Data Systems TagmaStore NSC, USP and VSP Storage systems.
- HPE 3PAR Persistent Checksum ensures end-to-end data protection (from host to drives) via a T10 Data Integrity Field (DIF).
- The 32 TB of Flash Cache in HPE 3PAR StoreServ 20800, HPE 3PAR Adaptive Flash Cache provides on-board DRAM cache extensions by leveraging HPE 3PAR StoreServ best in class virtualization technologies.
Make Traditional Storage Planning Obsolete with Autonomic Provisioning Features
Instant, application-tailored volume provisioning with the HPE 3PAR Operating System Software Suite rapid provisioning capability.
Simplified storage provisioning for clustered and virtual server environments is delivered through autonomic groups. Autonomic—It’s like breathing—you don’t even have to think about it. Simplify, automate, and expedite administration by handling storage provisioning, tiering, and management.
Quick and easy to get started with SmartStart’s one simple process for out of the box configuration.
Track the HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage systems performance and capacity utilization information, irrespective of there location with HPE 3PAR System Reporter.
Ensure end-to-end data protection (from host to drives) via a T10 Data Integrity Field (DIF), with HPE 3PAR Persistent Checksum.
Shrink Storage Footprint with Unmatched Storage Efficiency Delivered by HPE 3PAR Thin Technologies
Provision storage capacity autonomically, just in time, and without active management. No reserved capacity required so purchase disk capacity only when needed. With fine-grained 16 KB allocation units, HPE 3PAR StoreServ offers fine-tuned provisioning.
Increase utilization rates, guaranteed, via volume ‘thinning’. With the HPE 3PAR zero detect capability, you can convert inefficient “fat” volumes on legacy storage to thin volumes.
Keep storage lean and efficient by reclaiming unused space from deleted data. Prevent volumes from becoming inefficient over time with ongoing inline “thinning” of volumes at wire speed.
Eliminate duplicate copies of repeated data to flash media and improve storage utilization.
Deliver High and Predictable Service Levels with HPE 3PAR OS’s Advanced Virtualization Capabilities
Keep service levels high and predictable even as the use of the system grows, or in the event of a component failure, with the HPE 3PAR Operating System Software Suite which stripes data in a massively parallel and fine-grained fashion across all internal resources.
Maintain service levels in the event of a cache or controller node failure with Persistent Cache which preserves write caching through rapid re-mirroring of cache to other nodes in the cluster.
Automatically reduces application response time for read intensive I/O
Workloads with Adaptive Flash Cache and improve write throughput in mixed workload environment, in the process.
Enable VM-level granularity with a 1:1 mapping of VMs to storage volumes and policy-based management that simplifies storage management in virtualized server environments, offered by VMware Virtual Volumes (VVols) integration with HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage Arrays.
- VMware® is a registered trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- HPE 3PAR Replication Software Suite
- HPE 3PAR Data Optimization Software Suite
- HPE 3PAR Security Software Suite
- HPE 3PAR File Persona Software Suite
- HPE StoreOnce Recovery Manager Central Software