Enable unprecedented levels of automation and agility with cloud computing solutions.
Does your business demand fast insights, support for increased number of users and uncompromised availability? The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 Server is the 4S enterprise standard x86 server offering commanding performance, rock-solid reliability and availability, and compelling consolidation and virtualization efficiencies. Supporting Intel® Xeon® E7-4800/8800 v4/v3 processors, the DL580 Gen9 Server offers enhanced processor performance, up to 6 TBs of memory, greater IO bandwidth (9 PCIe Gen 3.0 slots), and 12 Gb/s of SAS speeds. The DL580 Gen9 Server has security and data protection features for system resiliency that your business can depend on. All, making it ideal for mission-critical enterprise, business intelligence, and database applications. Whether needed for highly virtualized or cloud based deployments, with intelligence and simplicity of automated management with HPE OneView and HPE iLO4 your business can achieve agile and lower cost infrastructure management.
- Intel E7-4800/8800 v4 processor family offers unparalleled versatility across diverse workloads
- HPE DDR4 2400 MHz Memory modules for faster performance with data-intensive application workloads
- HPE 25 Gigabit Ethernet (25GbE) Network Adapters have the breakthrough performance you need at 2.5X increase over previous generation 10GbE and a lower overall cost for scalability to 100 Gbps
- HP Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 prevents unauthorized access to servers and securely store artifacts used to authenticate the server platforms
Commanding Performance and Scalability
The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 Server provides up to 26%1 increased processor performance with Intel Xeon E7-4800/8800 v4/v3 processors than the previous generation.
HPE SmartMemory prevents data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling. Support of up to 6 TB DDR4 max capacity (96 DIMM slots) with speeds up to 2400MHz with up to 23%2 performance gain. Ideal for large-scale in-memory computing and virtualization.
Comes standard with nine FL/FH PCIe 3.0 slots for GPGPUs and choice of HPE FlexibleLOM or PCIe standup 1GbE, 10GbE or InfiniBand Adapters provide you flexibility of networking bandwidth and fabric so you can adapt and grow to changing business needs.
Faster access to your data with the redesigned HPE Flexible Smart Array and HPE Smart SAS HBA Controllers allow you the flexibility to choose the optimal 12 Gb/s SAS controller most suited to your environment. Additional support for HPE NVMe Mixed Use and Write Intensive PCIe Workload Accelerators.
Rock-solid Availability and Reliability
The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 Server provides increased system availability and less need for service with advanced error recovery, error diagnosis, and built-in redundancy; all features of the DL580 Server Comprehensive Fault Management and Diagnostics.
Improved reliability and data protection with HP Smart Array Controllers featuring HPE Secure Encryption and Advanced Data Mirroring, and HPE SmartDrive technology.
Increased security with four new levels of Secure Boot3 with Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) mode.
HPE Proactive Care Services helps customers prevent problems before they occur by integrating uptime and productivity into a personalized, simplified support experience.
Compelling Agility and Efficiencies for Scale-up Environments
The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 Server supports improved ambient temperature ASHRAE A3 and A44 standards helping to reduce your cooling expenses.
High efficiency redundant HPE Common Slot Power Supplies up 4x 1500W provide up to 94% efficiency (Platinum Plus), infrastructure power efficiencies with -48VDC input voltages and support for HPE Power Discovery Services.
Customer-inspired and easily accessible features include: front access processor/memory drawer for ease of serviceability, hot pluggable fans and drives, optional SID for health and monitoring of components and Quick Reference code for quick access to product information.
Agile Infrastructure Management for Accelerating IT Service Delivery
With HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 Server, HPE OneView provides infrastructure management for automation simplicity across servers, storage and networking.
Online personalized dashboard for converged infrastructure health monitoring and support management with HP Insight Online.
Configure in Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) boot mode, provision local and remote with Intelligent Provisioning and Scripting Toolkits.
Embedded management to deploy, monitor and support your server remotely, out of band with HPE iLO and optimize firmware and driver updates and reduce downtime with Smart Update Solutions, consisting of SUM (Smart Update Manager) and SPP (Service Pack for ProLiant).
- 1. Intel internal measurements. comparing measurements on platform with two E7-8800 v3 vs E7-8800 v4.
- 2. up to 23% better performance is based on similar capacity DIMM running on HPE server compared to a non HPE server with DDR4. HPE internal labs estimate, March 2016.
- 3. Secure Boot authentication inclusive of all UEFI Drivers, any UEFI applications, OS Bootloaders and Linux Kernel Modules. HP Labs, Houston, TX, July 2014
- 4. Please see www.hpe.com/servers/ASHRAE for details.
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Xeon® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- HPE iLO Licensing Advisor
- HPE Power Advisor
- HPE Memory Configurator
- HPE Enterprise Information Library
- HPE Reference Architectures
Additional server resources
- HPE Server Performance Benchmarks
- HPE Servers
- HPE ProLiant case studies
- HPE Server management
- HPE Training/education
Server support & downloads
- Support for discontinued products
- Service Pack for ProLiant software downloads
- Software support matrices
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services
Additional Server Products