Looking for a dense but highly scalable server for your data center application and virtualization needs?
HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 server is a high-density, 4P server with high-performance, scalability, and reliability, in a 2U chassis. Supporting the Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to a 61% performance gain1, the HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 server offers greater processing power, up to 6 TB of faster memory, and I/O of up to eight PCIe 3.0 slots. HPE Persistent Memory offers unprecedented levels of performance for structured data management and analytics workloads. In addition, it offers the intelligence and simplicity of automated management with HPE OneView and HPE Integrated Lights Out 5 (iLO 5). The HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 server is the ideal server for business-critical workloads, virtualization, server consolidation, database, business processing, and general 4P data-intensive applications where data center space and the right performance are paramount.
- Supporting the second generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor family with up to a 7% per-core performance gain4 over first generation and with memory speeds up to 2933 MT/s6.
- HPE Persistent Memory offers the flexibility to deploy as dense memory or fast storage using Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory and enables per-socket memory capacity of up to 3.0 TB.5
- Enhanced iLO 5 security features such as Server Configuration Lock, iLO Security Dashboard and Workload Performance Advisor.
- HPE InfoSight provides a cloud-based analytics tool that predicts and prevents problems before your business is impacted.
- Segment-optimized processors that offer flexibility and improved performance for specific workloads.
Scalable 4P Performance in a Dense 2U Form Factor
HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 server provides 4P computing in a dense 2U form factor with support for Intel Xeon Platinum (8200,8100 series) and Gold (6200,6100,5200 and 5100 series) processors which provide up to 61%1 more processor performance and 27%2 more cores than the previous generation.
Up to 48 DIMM slots which support up to 6 TB for 2933 MT/s DDR4 HPE SmartMemory. HPE DDR4 SmartMemory improves workload performance and power efficiency while reducing data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling.
Up to 12 TB of HPE Persistent Memory that works with DRAM to provide fast, high capacity, cost effective memory and enhances compute capability for memory intensive workloads such as structured data management and analytics.
Support for processors with Intel® Speed Select technology that offer configuration flexibility and granular control over CPU performance and VM density optimized processors that enable support of more virtual machines per host.
HPE enhances performance by taking server tuning to the next level. Workload Performance Advisor adds real-time tuning recommendations driven by server resource usage analytics and builds upon existing tuning features such as Workload Matching and Jitter Smoothing.
Flexible New Generation Expandability and Reliability for Multiple Workloads
HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 server has a flexible processor tray allowing to scale up from two to four processors only when you need, saving on upfront costs. The flexible drive cage design supports up to 24 SFF SAS/SATA with a maximum of 12 NVMe drives.
Supports up to eight PCIe 3.0 expansion slots for graphical processing units (GPUs) and networking cards offering increased I/O bandwidth and expandability.
Up to four, 96% efficient HPE 800W or 1600W Flexible Slot Power Supplies3, which enable higher power redundant configurations and flexible voltage ranges. The slots provide the capability to trade-off between 2+2 power supplies or use as extra PCIe slots.
Choice of HPE FlexibleLOM adapters offers range of networking bandwidth (1GbE to 25GbE) and fabric so you can adapt and grow to changing business needs.
Secure and Reliable
HPE iLO 5 enables the world’s most secure industry standard servers with HPE Silicon Root of Trust technology to protect your servers from attacks, detect potential intrusions and recover your essential server firmware securely.
New features include Server Configuration Lock that ensures secure transit and locks server hardware configuration, iLO Security Dashboard helps detect and address possible security vulnerabilities and Workload Performance Advisor provides server tuning recommendations for better server performance.
With Runtime Firmware Verification the server firmware is checked every 24 hours verifying validity and credibility of essential system firmware. Secure Recovery allows server firmware to rollback to the to last known good state or factory settings after detection of compromised code.
Additional security options are available with, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), to prevent unauthorized access to the server and safely stores artifacts used to authenticate the server platforms while the Intrusion Detection Kit logs and alerts when the server hood is removed.
Agile Infrastructure Management for Accelerating IT Service Delivery
With HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 server, HPE OneView provides infrastructure management for automation simplicity across servers, storage and networking.
HPE InfoSight brings artificial intelligence to HPE Servers with predictive analytics, global learning and recommendation engine to eliminate performance bottlenecks.
A suite of embedded and downloadable tools is available for server lifecycle management including Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Intelligent Provisioning; HPE iLO 5 to monitor and manage; HPE iLO Amplifier Pack, Smart Update Manager (SUM), and Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP).
Services from HPE Pointnext simplify the stages of the IT journey. Advisory and Transformation Services professionals understand customer challenges and design a better solution. Professional Services enable rapid deployment of solutions and Operational Services provide ongoing support.
HPE IT investment solutions help you transform to a digital business with IT economics that align to your business goals.
- 1. HPE measurements: Up to 61% performance increase of Intel Xeon Platinum vs. previous generation E5-4600 v4 average gains of STREAM, Linpack, SPEC CPU2006 & SPEC CPU2017 metrics on HPE servers comparing 4-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8280 to E5-4699 v4 family processors. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. April 2019.
- 2. Up to 27% increase in cores of Intel Xeon Platinum versus previous generation comparing 4-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8280 (28 cores) to E5-4669 v4 (22 cores). Calculation 28 cores / 2x cores= 1.27 = 27%. Apr 2019.
- 3. 1600W Power supplies only support high line voltage (200V AC to 240V AC)
- 4. HPE measurements: Up to 7% performance increase of Intel Xeon Platinum vs. previous generation average gains of STREAM, Linpack, & SPEC CPU2017 metrics on HPE servers comparing 4-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 8280 to Intel Xeon Platinum 8180 family processors. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. April 2019.
- 5. 3.0 TB per socket with HPE 512GB 2666 Persistent Memory Kit
- 6. HPE DDR4 SmartMemory LRDIMM on HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen10 server can support 2933 MT/s @ 2DPC
- Intel Xeon and Intel are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. ClearOS is either registered trademark or trademark of ClearCenter. Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other third-party trademark(s) is/are property of their respective owner(s).
Additional server resources
- HPE ProLiant case studies
- HPE Enterprise Information Library
- HPE SimpliVity
- HPE Server Management
Server support & downloads
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services
Additional Server Products