Are you looking for the right server blade to be your data center workhorse for your demanding core IT and virtualization workloads? Designed for a wide range of configuration and deployment options, the HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 Server Blade provides the flexibility to optimize your core IT applications with right-sized storage for the right workload for a lower TCO. All of this is managed by HPE OneView, the converged management platform that accelerates IT service delivery and boosts business performance. The HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 Server Blade now offers Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors with up to 21% bin-to-bin performance gain over the previous generation, plus 2400 MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory offering up to 33% higher throughput. Additional support includes tiered storage controller options, 12 Gb/s SAS, 20 Gb HPE FlexibleLOMs, support for M.2, NVMe, and HPE ProLiant Persistent Memory options.
- Industry standard support of Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 processors, HPE 2400 MT/s DDR4 SmartMemory and 128 GB DIMMs.
- Workload acceleration with NVMe SSDs and persistent memory.
- Optional dual micro-SD, optional dual 64/120 GB M.2, and internal USB 3.0 support deliver a variety of system boot options.
Superior Value Across Different Workloads
The HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 Server Blade delivers the right performance, scalability, and economics for the converged data center in the new era of compute at lower costs, faster time to value with recent innovations.
Provides the flexibility to optimize your core IT applications, with right-sized storage for the right workload lowering TCO, all managed by HPE OneView the converged management platform that accelerates IT service delivery and boosts business performance.
Increased Performance in the Data Center
The HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 Server Blade delivers up to 21% performance increases with Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors1.
HPE DDR4 Smart Memory at 2400 MT/s (up to 2 TB): delivers up to a 33% throughput increase compared to competition2 and 35% lower power consumption than 1.5v DDR3 at the same bin speed.
High-end workload acceleration with NVMe SSDs, providing 7x better random performance and 4.5x better sequential performance3.
Persistent memory options providing faster transactions for data management and analytics workloads.
More Versatile Than Ever Before
The HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 Server Blade delivers flexible embedded storage controller options (HPE Smart Array P244br, HPE H244br Smart Host Bus Adapter, or the HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller) and pass through cards (NVMe) to enable the improved TCO for a variety of workloads.
Every BL460c Gen9 Server Blade includes USB 3.0, optional dual micro-SD, and optional 64/120 GB M.2 support for a variety of system boot options.
Both Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) and Legacy BIOS modes available for increased configuration and deployment versatility.
Transforming Business Economics by Accelerating Service Delivery
HPE OneView provides the Power of One—a single comprehensive view of the data center, managing hardware, software, firmware, and drivers.
HPE Integrated Lights-out (iLO) software features server lifecycle management advancements including iLO Federation, which remotely manages groups of servers at scale with built-in rapid discovery of all iLOs, group configurations, group health status, and ability to determine iLO licenses.
- 1. Intel performance testing, http://www.intel.com/performance , comparing measurements on platform with two E5-2600 v3 vs E5-2600 v4. November 2015.
- 2. Based on similar capacity DIMM running on HPE server vs a non HPE server with DDR4, July 2014.
- 3. 7x better random performance and 4.5x better sequential performance compared to a 6Gb SATA SSD based on internal testing by Advanced Technology group, August 2015
- Intel® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Xeon® is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- ENERGY STAR® a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
Additional server resources
- HPE Server Performance Benchmarks
- HPE Server Customer Case Studies
- Server Management
- HPE Education Services
Server support & downloads