Does your business need to improve its integrated data center and cloud-based platforms with efficiency and security? Microsoft® Windows Server® 2019 is the operating system that smoothly bridges on-premises and cloud storage with efficient hybrid capabilities, enhanced security, and faster innovation for applications. Storage Migration Service can help to easily and efficiently migrate servers and modernize your infrastructure combining built-in functions such as Storage Replica. These innovations further expand on the security foundations built into Windows Server 2016 to help organizations lower maintenance costs, manage privileged access, and secure the operating system. With powerful layers of security along with innovations to elevate your business’s efficiency and productivity, Windows Server 2019 pairs with the HPE servers, storage, and networking solutions to provide the technology to help achieve your business goals.
- Unique hybrid datacenter platform: Set up future success with efficient hybrid capabilities that work both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Best response time: Enhanced security features help detect and respond to new and emerging threats, prevent attacks, lower the risk of security breaches, and protect your business data.
- Faster innovation for applications: Modernize your existing applications and build what’s next with cloud-native apps.
- Improved hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI): Run applications and workloads with lower maintenance costs through an HCI that runs compute and storage needs at the same time with better scalability.
Storage Migration and Storage Replica
Storage Migration Service is a wizard-based technology that makes it easier to migrate servers to a newer version of Windows Server or into Microsoft Azure, without reconfiguring applications or users.
Storage Replica is now available in Windows Server 2019 Standard with certain limitations - compared to the full capability in Windows Server 2019 Datacenter. Test failover is a unique feature that allows mounting of destination storage to validate replication or backup data without failing over.
Hybrid Cloud and Security
Windows Server 2019 offers system insights, bringing local analytics capabilities and providing high-accuracy predictions to help turn reactive management into proactive care for your on-premises Windows Servers.
The on-demand Server Core app significantly improves the app compatibility of the Windows Server Core installation option.
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)1 provides access to deep kernel and memory sensors bolstered by Azure's massive security resources, helping to improve proactive security and to reduce exposure while enabling swift response actions on Windows Server 2019 endpoints.
Reduce the risk of security breaches with support for shielded Linux® VMs, expanding the range of operating systems that Windows Server can protect in a virtualized environment.
Windows Administration Center and Azure Integration
Windows Server 2019 introduces the freely downloadable Windows Administration Center which is the modern, browser-based evolution of inbox management tools such as Server Manager and Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
Everything from integrating initial configuration to managing cloud-based services is included to enable ongoing business continuity and security with Azure cloud services such as Azure Backup, Azure File Sync and Azure Site Recovery.
Windows Administration Center serves as the on-ramp for on-premises machines that use Azure services. It is separate from the Azure portal, which is used for management, monitoring, and configuration after the initial setup flow.
Windows Administration Center can restore and perform actions against recovery points. It also serves as the simplified, wizard-driven user interface for the Windows Server 2019 Storage Migration Service to migrate server workloads from legacy Windows Servers to a modern Windows Server 2019 machine.
You can continue to use the Azure portal to manage servers at scale across Azure's wide and growing range of cloud services and view aggregated information for monitoring jobs and alerts using deep links.
- 1. Azure subscription required.
- Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- Windows Server Licensing FAQ
- Reseller Option Kit (ROK)
- Windows Server Certification Support Matrix
- Windows Server Core Licensing Calculator
- Windows Server Documentation
- HPE Server Management
- Entry Level Servers and Solutions
- HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO)
- Windows Server Software-Defined
- HPE SMB Solutions
HPE Microsoft Coffee Coaching