Snow stops prep slate
Due to the inclement weather, which closed area schools, all athletic events Friday were cancelled.
Seven matchups have been rescheduled — including the No. 2 state-ranked Wesleyan Christian boys at No. 1 Greensboro Day tonight — while the others, many of which are conference games, will likely be made up at a later date.
As we receive the updates, we will post them in the daily prep round-up as well as the weekly Sports Script on Sundays. The following games have already been rescheduled:
* Trinity at Andrews — postponed to Wednesday at 6 and 7:30
* High Point Central at Southwest Guilford — postponed to Feb. 6
* Wesleyan at Greensboro Day — postponed to tonight at 5:30 and 7
* High Point Christian at Calvary Baptist — postponed to Feb. 16 at 2:30 and 4
* Bishop McGuinness at Surry Central — postponed to Jan. 28 at 6:30 and 8 (the Jan. 29 games against Calvary will be cancelled due to weekly game limitations)
* Southern Guilford at Asheboro — postpoined to Jan. 30 at 6 and 7:30
* Ragsdale at Glenn — postponed to Wednesday at 6 and 7:30.
Also, High Point Central’s swim meet with Ragsdale scheduled for Friday has been cancelled and will not be made up; and the wrestling match at Parkland has been postponed to Wednesday.
Ragsdale wrestling will not be participating in Sarah Wilkes Invitational at Eden Morehead today.
Bishop McGuinness wrestling in a tri-meet at Surry Central has been postponed to Feb. 5, when the Villains will face Surry Central at 6 and East Surry at 7. The Northwest 1A/2A Conference swim meet scheduled for Friday and today has been postponed until a later date to be determined today.
\— Michael Lindsay\