Want to know more about Obamacare?
A forum on the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as Obamacare, and what it means to you and your family will take place at 6 p.m. Oct. 21 at the Macedonia Family Resource Center, 401 Lake Ave.
The event is sponsored by the Triad Economic Development Corp. Health care navigators with Legal Aid of North Carolina will present an informational program on navigating the Affordable Care Act exchanges. Sign-up for health coverage under Obamacare began Oct. 1, and actual insurance coverage will go into effect for most Americans on Jan. 1.
Topics on tap for the forum include:
• The implementation of the health benefits exchanges, which are the online marketplace for purchasing insurance
• Who will be eligible for subsidies and tax credits
• Which insurance companies in North Carolina signed up to provide benefits through the exchange
• How to enroll and the length of the enrollment period
• Penalties for non-enrollment
For more information, call the Triad Economic Development Corp. at 883-7602.