Central High evacuates cafeteria

Oct. 03, 2013 @ 06:54 PM

HIGH POINT — High Point Central High School cafeteria was evacuated early Thursday afternoon because of what appeared to be a gas leak.
A gas odor coming from the hot water heater in the cafeteria led to the evacuation that delayed lunch by 15 minutes. The High Point Fire Department responded to the scene and turned off the hot water heater.
High Point Central Principal Bob Christina sent a ConnectEd message home to parents around 4 p.m. to alert them of the incident.
The gas odor was contained by mid-afternoon.