House fire destroys kitchen
Firefighters responded to a house fire in the Fair Grove area of Thomasville on Tuesday afternoon.
An emergency call was placed at 12:12 p.m. stating that there was kitchen fire at 832 Fuller Mill Road.
“It appeared that the fire started from a cooking fire, “ said Fairgrove Fire Department Battalion Chief Bradley Hardister. “It was contained to the kitchen area.”
Hardister said the damage is not too bad and that the kitchen can be repaired.
There were no injuries reported. Two adults were home at the time of the fire.
“Everyone did a good job of getting the fire under control in a timely manner and keeping the fire contained to a specific area,” Hardister said.
The Pilot Fire Department and the Silver Valley Fire Department assisted Fairgrove on the call.